Author Topic: Hello from Kirkland, WA, USA  (Read 890 times)

Offline Chotii

• Playmo Enthusiast
Hello from Kirkland, WA, USA
« on: September 09, 2022, 05:04:09 »
Hi there, my name is Angela. I didn't have Playmobil growing up and only discovered it when my own children were small. They've moved on from it, but I haven't. :lol:

My current focus is building a Victorian Mansion extra floor (or two) from pieces of other sets. I've come up with a way to cut a single double-window panel into two single-window panels, so that they can be plastic-welded to connectors, since the triple-window panels are virtually impossible to acquire.  I have also painted the exterior walls of my extra tall mansion with a fine textured Krylon type paint to resemble stone (and to cover up the fact that the various panels I'm using are a variety of shades of faded, sun bleached, and dye lots).  The outside will look "vintage" and the interior will be "updated for the modern family" kind of thing.  I've also re-papered all the interior walls AND the attic!

I'm less interested in owning All The Bits than I am in modifying, creating, inventing, and miniaturizing, and I'm having a grand old time.

So hello! So glad to have finally made it on here!

--angela

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: Hello from Kirkland, WA, USA
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2022, 07:29:42 »
Welcome from Portugal!

Looking forward to pics of that mansion (and hopefully of the making of too) :)

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2022, 07:33:09 »
A very warm welcome to you Angela from Marlow on Thames  :welcome: :wave:

I am so happy that another Victorian fan has joined the forum !

I love your idea of customising the Victorian mansion and cannot wait to follow your project  :love:

Wishing you hours and hours of fun !

Karim :gent:
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline Eplay

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2022, 10:36:12 »
Welcome from the Netherlands. Looking forward to seeing pictures of your mansion and the making of  :D

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2022, 11:20:08 »
Welcome! The stone appearance on your building must look very nice! :)
~Pynedor~

Offline klickyklack

• Playmo Lover
    • klickyklack (IG)
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2022, 12:12:27 »
Hello & welcome from the UK, that sounds like a fun project!  I look forward to seeing what you create.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2022, 13:57:21 »
Another welcome from the UK, from me! I think I did a similar thing to make the 'unique' piece for the expansion floor. Looking forward to seeing your house!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2022, 16:27:12 »
And yet another welcome from the UK!   :wave:  I look forward to seeing your customs.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2022, 21:32:42 »
Welcome from Springfield Oregon! It's a good time for Victorian houses with the sets currently back in the add-on catalog.