General > News

EASY display hack for BTTF III train track wheel DeLorean... I got it to roll

(1/4) > >>

AgeOwns:
I am in love with the Back to the Future III advent calendar. It's lovely! Now I need to clear some more shelf space to fit all the fun backdrops.

Anyway, the train wheels snap on just fine, but they do not automatically fit on playmobil train tracks.
playmobttfiii_14 by Andy Jones, on Flickr

So I put two track pieces side by side and interlocked the ties, like a zipper, and the distance between the left rail lines up with the left rail on the other track, so much so that if you had a lot of parallel track lined up, it rolls smoothly!

tracks_01 by Andy Jones, on Flickr

Here's another angle
tracks_02 by Andy Jones, on Flickr

But for displaying on your shelf, just get two pieces of track next to each other, and it'll rest on it just great! You can't even tell in the top photo that there are two rails there. But it works!

Rasputin:
Nice hack , I was really hoping it would have fit with out cutting the car in half

tahra:
Gnome: see, you can replace the regular wheels with train track fitting ones

Collector: but they don't fit the train tracks.

Gnome: ... there are train tracks?!

Seriously, how is this even POSSIBLE?!

StJohn:

--- Quote from: tahra on October 06, 2021, 21:50:38 ---Seriously, how is this even POSSIBLE?!

--- End quote ---

I think you are being a little unfair on Geobra. Playmobil trains and cars do not match in scale: a car can hold two passengers next to each other, and so does a train, even though in reality the latter accommodates four. Trains are simply too small, so it shouldn't surprise that train tracks are too narrow for a DeLorean.

Rasputin:

--- Quote from: tahra on October 06, 2021, 21:50:38 ---Gnome: see, you can replace the regular wheels with train track fitting ones

Collector: but they don't fit the train tracks.

Gnome: ... there are train tracks?!

Seriously, how is this even POSSIBLE?!

--- End quote ---

:lol:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version