Author Topic: The A-Team  (Read 5928 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
The A-Team
« on: June 07, 2021, 20:30:35 »
Just appeared on THAT site... link

That screech you probably heard, wherever you are... was my wallet.

Hopefully detailed pics soon.

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
Re: The A-Team
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2021, 04:15:42 »
I guess this fits with the other 'adult' stuff they've been releasing - I'd guess it's even less well known to children (is it being repeated anywhere?)

I don't really remember the A-Team, is there anything we're expecting other than the van and the figures? My brother did have a toy A-Team van back in the 80s, which we burned on a bonfire  8}

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2021, 07:16:14 »
I guess this fits with the other 'adult' stuff they've been releasing - I'd guess it's even less well known to children (is it being repeated anywhere?)

Well... makes as much sense as Ghostbusters, ST or BTTF, imo. Meaning none.

I don't really remember the A-Team,

I do. I LOVE The A-Team - the fact that Dirk "Starbuck" Benedict was on it MAY have something to do with that  :love: . So, to me, THIS is the best license so far. Though I love the dragons and vikingish parts too (I like the series I managed to watch, not so much the movies, but not a fan).

is there anything we're expecting other than the van and the figures?

I did expect Murdock - maybe they could squeeze a heli with him, but... and I always expected Amy to be left for us to do. We will (ignoring later characters that only diminished the series, imo)

Other than that... I would say no... I mean, I'm sure they could come up with a gazillion things from gazillions of eps, but nothing so distinctive, I think (the godzilla suit? :P )

My brother did have a toy A-Team van back in the 80s, which we burned on a bonfire  8}

That is a crime. :'(

Online GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2021, 09:09:34 »
I didn't hear you wallet screech over the noise of Brits hurrying back to Blighty, tahra! (UK govt. changed the status of Portugal as a travel destination from Green to Amber at short notice (4 days), so all those who didn't want 2 weeks in quarantine on their return had to get back to the UK by 4am this morning)

And the sounds of the bottom of a barrel being scraped are also deafening.

Whatever next? Dukes of Hazzard? Kojak? Starsky and Hutch? All these and more occupied the Saturday evening TV slot in my youth. Perhaps that's why I started stamp collecting? Mind you, a Telly Savalas Kojak figure (bald) would be nice!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Erik

• Playmobil crusader / Toyhunter
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2021, 09:23:58 »

Whatever next? Dukes of Hazzard? Kojak? Starsky and Hutch?

"Starsky and Hutch" are already done-by me, lol!!!  :lol:
The most valiant knights are made of German plastic!!!

Offline Redmao

• Playmo Lover
  • Playmo adventurer
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2021, 09:58:36 »
This is fantastic news! Face and Hannibal seem to sport a brand new hair piece too! At first I thought it was the Rex hair, but it looks too different.
I'm pretty sure Murdock will be in there as well unless he comes in a hospital playset and you have to fetch him out for your next mission :)
That Scooby van sure is getting some kicking repaints, it's fantastic.

If it's popular, can we dream, hope for a Playmobil Kitt in the near future?!  :love:

Offline Joshua D

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2021, 12:16:01 »
I always thought gilligans island would be fun. I even made a custom Gilligan .Think of all the palm trees and island stuff that would be compatible with the pirates theme.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2021, 12:18:38 »
I didn't hear you wallet screech over the noise of Brits hurrying back to Blighty, tahra! (UK govt. changed the status of Portugal as a travel destination from Green to Amber at short notice (4 days), so all those who didn't want 2 weeks in quarantine on their return had to get back to the UK by 4am this morning)

Well.. my wallet didn't, but I am sure many did. What a mess. Part of me is really sorry for people that see their plans so messed up, and probably some will end up without their money too... on the other hand... we COULD see this coming. People took a chance, lost.  I mean, I am NOT planning to consider going to the funpark this year (with much regret) - because I figure something like this could happen, and I will not chance it.  So, to each their own, I guess.

Probably just politics too.. which is sad.  And it WILL mess up plenty of businesses, besides the people with ruined vacations. Meaning people's livelihoods. Which is also sad.

And the sounds of the bottom of a barrel being scraped are also deafening.

Which barrel is that?  :-[   You know I can be thick, like...  :P

Whatever next? Dukes of Hazzard? Kojak? Starsky and Hutch? All these and more occupied the Saturday evening TV slot in my youth. Perhaps that's why I started stamp collecting? Mind you, a Telly Savalas Kojak figure (bald) would be nice!

YAY for the Dukes of Hazzard (yes, I know it's VERY silly, and aged terribly, but still... loved them and would get them). Unfortunately, the current situation would NEVER allow for General Lee. Probably not even Dixie. Sad state of affairs.

As to the others, I know the names, but never watched...

This is fantastic news! Face and Hannibal seem to sport a brand new hair piece too!

Yes... Not beautiful, but seems on (Hannibal's is crooked  ::) ). However, I find it a poor option to give characters in one set  (especially meant to be SOMEONE, not just random klickys) the same hairsculpt. Klickys don't have that many defining features, so... Of course, that is imo.

I'm pretty sure Murdock will be in there as well unless he comes in a hospital playset and you have to fetch him out for your next mission :)

:lol:  I actually hadn't considered a hospital! Well, nuthouse. That'd be cool too. I only thought of a heli..  (can we have Billy too? :P )

That Scooby van sure is getting some kicking repaints, it's fantastic.

First thing we thought about when pics of it showed. But no skill for such a custom - though I have seen several great ones. There were plans to get that dark one and.. improvise. But in the meantime the van was teased, so.. on hold. I can't buy the other one (no space - or spac€ :( )

If it's popular, can we dream, hope for a Playmobil Kitt in the near future?!  :love:

:)  I don't consider myself a Knight Rider fan (it also aged terribly), truly. But I would love to get Kitt! :love:  A much better option than all the other cars and such (exception for General Lee and the A-Team van, of course ;) )   And Devon and Bonnie...  (how about that Foundation truck? :o )

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2021, 16:09:57 »
Yay! Better pics.

Murdock is there - so I guess it's just one set..

Preorder on that dutch store again: https://www.2ttoys.nl/products/pre-order-playmobil-70750-a-team-busje

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2021, 17:06:07 »
Remember the show and was a fan at the time. In general the set doesn't interest me that much, but that BA head! Having a Mr T figure might just get me to jump on this one.