Author Topic: What specific items/pieces would you like to see?  (Read 19667 times)

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
Re: What specific items/pieces would you like to see?
« Reply #90 on: April 23, 2023, 17:39:22 »
That would be nice. It'd also be nice if the Set 3977 Easter Egg knight would make a return. ;)

Agreed  ;D  Are you still listening, Geobra?

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #91 on: April 23, 2023, 19:56:53 »
At the factory tour in 2014 they said that the oldest molds don't work with the newer molding machines. So there may be a cut off in how far back in time the rereleases can come from. There may be engineering workarounds possible though, so who knows. They are certainly motivated these days to reuse existing molds whenever possible. There have been a few really creative uses lately.

In the last few years they've rereleased most steck parts. The obvious ones missing are the staging pieces used in 7400. Others are the castle gates and castle wall piece with bay window.

What I'd like to see are window and door frames in grey to match the castle walls.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #92 on: April 24, 2023, 16:58:59 »
We haven't seen any of the round tower parts from Steck, or the special square tower parts from 3667. And of course the guard tower with the balcony is missing the parts for holding the bell and a bell itself.

Offline CrimsonCleaver

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #93 on: April 24, 2023, 20:59:12 »
Nothing very rock n roll, but I’d like to see:

• Steck barn door and frame altered so it has a floor support at the bottom of the opening (like the smaller doors), found that puts a lot of stress on the hinges as it is flush with the floor.
  • 4 way Steck connector (think I saw a thread with this part for a 3D printer).
  • 4 oar row boat - 6 seater - the bottom of the 71023 looks like it’s almost there
  • a plank to attach to Pirate ships
  • more water pieces - one to fill the trough pieces
  • A bell for the pirate ships (guess metal is a no no these days).
  • more lights like the light up lantern on a box - perhaps one that hangs on Steck buildings
  • more generic sails for pirate ships / flag sets so can change the faction of a ship
  • more sand based scenery pieces - one for digging up treasure maybe
  • more dock like sets/pieces, for moving cargo
  • an adapter that can add to existing masts to have a flag on a pulley to raise it
  • floor pieces for steck houses
  • floors - stone, etc

These are cheating a bit:
  • very niche/showpiece - a big display piece to sit a pirate ship in that looks like waves around it
  • similar to above - a bottle that opens to put a ship in
  • not so much a piece but maybe a Kinetic sand collaboration with pirates digging up treasure
  • a new remote control unit for boats - more reliable and Bluetooth

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #94 on: April 25, 2023, 00:07:28 »
There is an official 4-way connector with smooth surface that came in brown and a limited release version in grey. There is at least one website which sells 3d printed ones which match the texture of castle walls.
Something I want to try one day is cutting the corner off two corner connectors and gluing them together. The measuring and cutting would have to be very good to get them to work as a 4-way.

Offline CrimsonCleaver

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #95 on: April 25, 2023, 10:44:26 »
I missed there being the brown one, but yes a castle type one would be ideal.

Do you have a link to somewhere that sells it?

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #97 on: April 25, 2023, 17:42:53 »
The brown one should be available via spare parts, it appears in 70945 Western Farm (unless I'm mistaken) - but obviously the colour could be a problem for you.

Offline CrimsonCleaver

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #98 on: April 25, 2023, 19:09:16 »
The brown one should be available via spare parts, it appears in 70945 Western Farm (unless I'm mistaken) - but obviously the colour could be a problem for you.

Thanks, can’t believe I missed that. I’ve added it to my random part list for a big order (keep doing small ones and the packaging costs are adding up).

Frustratingly a 1x2 floor piece - 30039810 is unavailable, which would be ideal in my custom Steck double house to correct an odd floor, which the 4-way would resolve:

Essentially want to replace the 2 1x2 pieces (currently 2x 30028470 and a joist) highlighted in orange with a 2x2 floor piece (30039800).
Then replace the 2x 1 floor pieces highlighted in yellow with the unavailable 1x2 floor piece (30039810). That would allow where the purple arrow points to still hang a prison sign. The prison then becomes 2 “squares” deep instead of 1. Once replace wall and corner pieces to create a thin prison room. That’s essentially a gap between two houses that sit on the first floor. The 4-way piece can go where the brown circle is. That’s quite hidden from view so would work nicely.

This is the custom house:

I’ll keep hunting eBay for that 30039810 part!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2023, 19:22:11 by CrimsonCleaver »

Offline CrimsonCleaver

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #99 on: April 25, 2023, 21:29:43 »
Now I’m thinking maybe I just order 2x 30039800 and cut one in half, does mean the hooks are left and bottom right rather than top left and bottom right but it might do the job…