General > Direct Service/Parts Queries

Brexit Blues

<< < (3/5) > >>

Oliver:
If you have a German address there's nothing to stop you ordering through playmobil.de - I've certainly done it, and I you don't even need to use a different e-mail address AFAIK.

--- Quote from: GrahamB on April 16, 2021, 09:18:46 ---Some shipping companies have made the effort to continue to provide a service to customers in post-Brexit Europe. Others haven't.

--- End quote ---

I don't really think it's up to the rest of the world to pander to the curious decisions of the UK.

GrahamB:
They do charge for it!

drbatesy:
Just a little update. I have had an email exchange with a contact at customer service in the UK - I'm waiting on some missing parts. He replied:

We do plan on continuing the service as soon as we can. The issue is the shipping service we were previously using, now creates VAT issues when entering the UK from Germany, as a result of brexit. All of the spare parts orders were held in customs for a few weeks, then eventually returned back to Germany, with no tracking info. Therefore, we cannot ship using this service.

GrahamB:
Geobra may have to charge VAT on items sent to the UK (though its interesting they aren't doing this for sets purchased through Playmobil (UK) when these sets are also supplied from Germany). They are clearly reluctant to charge British customers VAT, but I would rather pay 20% extra than have no service.

'As soon as we can.' It has been two months now!

drbatesy:
Surely they were doing that anyway? Or does it mean that Brandstätter aren't registered for VAT in the UK?

My understanding is there are slightly different rules for goods located in the UK at the point of sale, which maybe explains the different treeatment between sets and spares.

Among other things, I bought set #6879 (Robber and Quadbike) in January and one of the wheel's was malformed, so I've been waiting for a replacement for four months and counting! And these aren't even sale items! :'(

It's hard not to get political (don't smite me Sylvia!)  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version