Author Topic: Images not displayed in posts  (Read 9991 times)

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
Re: Images not displayed in posts
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2020, 00:38:52 »
... PF has been hacked a few times before IIRC ...
Might be just be my bad memory but this forum has never actually been hacked  :eh?:
Maybe you’re thinking of another one.
There was one occasion in the past when someone with a grudge against a certain member got access to that person’s account and deleted some of their posts. As far as I can tell it was because the password had been either knowingly shared or it was used on multiple other sites, one of which had a data breach. It was not because PF itself was hacked.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2020, 07:18:34 »
Good to know!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2020, 09:18:20 »
Might be just be my bad memory but this forum has never actually been hacked  :eh?:

Hi Sylvia, I chose the wrong wording, I should have written 'forum down due to infection with malware or similar'...
At least that is how I remember it... Or am I wrong on that as well?

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2020, 22:04:13 »
Hi Sylvia, I chose the wrong wording, I should have written 'forum down due to infection with malware or similar'...

Nope, never had an issue with malware either.  :P
Maybe you’re thinking of Playmoboard?
That went down a few times, if I recall.
And after the last time it just stayed down.  ;)

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2020, 21:48:25 »
Nope, never had an issue with malware either.  :P
Maybe you’re thinking of Playmoboard?
That went down a few times, if I recall.
And after the last time it just stayed down.  ;)

No, it was much more recently, a few years ago, so certainly not Playmoboard.  ;)
How did I then get that idea...  ???
I´m pretty sure my anti-virus/-malware & such went nuts a few times (in the past) when visiting Playmofriends or paricular threads / topics, maybe it´s that and I assumed the whole forum got infected...  :eh?:

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2021, 08:56:43 »
Thanks, Tahra! I finally got around to apply the fix and can now see your pics (and Lufty's) without changing browser! :apple: :cheerlead:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2021, 11:56:21 »
Thanks, Tahra! I finally got around to apply the fix and can now see your pics (and Lufty's) without changing browser! :apple: :cheerlead:

Oh goody ;)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2021, 08:38:39 »
Thanks for the advice, tahra. Pictures in The Process failed to appear for me yesterday, both in Chrome and Samsung Internet browser (the latter stopped working with eBay a few months ago too) on my Samsung (Android) tablet.

I'm posting this in case anyone else is having difficulties.

I tried all the suggestions given, but couldn't locate any reference to allowing mixed or insecure content. I looked in Settings, tried the Desktop site, allowed Automatic Downloads, all to no avail.

So I am now using Firefox, which works fine!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Wigglesworth

• Playmo Pal
  • Playmobil newby
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2021, 10:55:50 »
This worked perfectly for me.

Thanks very much!
Regards,
Wigglesworth

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2021, 13:30:30 »
Thanks for the advice, tahra. Pictures in The Process failed to appear for me yesterday, both in Chrome and Samsung Internet browser (the latter stopped working with eBay a few months ago too) on my Samsung (Android) tablet.

My tabby is basically useless... can't get it to update, can't access the store.. no idea :(
(mind you I got it in 2012..)

I tried all the suggestions given, but couldn't locate any reference to allowing mixed or insecure content. I looked in Settings, tried the Desktop site, allowed Automatic Downloads, all to no avail.

Odd... I never looked before or after it, since I usually use Firefox too.. though it may be a matter of time until it happens too. I still don't understand how a silent failure (kinda, because IT WAS NOT a fail if left alone - it was http, but not a fail) is a positive thing. Or errors from the stupid blind replacement of http with https.
(end rant)

So I am now using Firefox, which works fine!

;)

This worked perfectly for me.

Thanks very much!

:)