Author Topic: Fire hoses?  (Read 2440 times)

Offline 4bairns

• Playmo Pal
Fire hoses?
« on: March 19, 2020, 04:33:03 »
I’ve been ordering parts on eBay for my old sets and doing pretty well.

But I haven’t found many fire hoses. Or the thinner flexible tubes used with the oxygen tanks for medical use.

I looked for a substitute and found those at the eBay link below. Any idea if they’d work? If so, which sizes should I buy?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/All-Sizes-Clear-Food-Safe-Silicone-Soft-Tubing-Peristaltic-Pump-Hose/253633422927?var=552865904699

Offline FireChief

• Playmo Lover
    • Playmobil Fire Department
Re: Fire hoses?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2020, 02:14:33 »
I've purchased similar products are they're just not as flexible as the original. I ended up using paracord as you can pull the center cords out and still use the fittings/adapters. Just won't hold water if you still want that option.

- Ben

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2020, 08:12:05 »
Have you tried buying them from Playmobil Direct Service?
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline 4bairns

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2020, 06:45:57 »
I haven’t ordered from them yet. So many of the parts I need are vintage and most are discontinued. So shipping doesn’t pay. Also tough to do here in the US; I’ve seen so many people post about this. Just today I found a link to Playmobil Parts Service- but except for selecting a language it was completely blank! 😆 I’ll keep checking...