Author Topic: klickyklack's small & evolving collection  (Read 10431 times)

Offline klickyklack

• Playmo Lover
    • klickyklack (IG)
Re: klickyklack's small & evolving collection
« Reply #80 on: August 02, 2022, 18:54:25 »
Well, we can trade emails via PM (those tend to get full, so... )

Mount 3 is the pile of to-go stuff.  When I started the neverending PROCESS (link here) there were 3 mountains in the room, and the 3rd was the stuff to trade/sell.. the name stuck. Also, I'm nuts. It's ok, I know.  :P

Thanks, I'll finish my list & send you a PM. 

I used to be able to view the images on your PROCESS thread & now they don't load (I don't think there's a fix to display on my tablet, I did try..very annoying). The Mounts sound ominous & rather fantastic!  :lol:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #81 on: August 02, 2022, 19:22:28 »
Thanks, I'll finish my list & send you a PM. 

I used to be able to view the images on your PROCESS thread & now they don't load (I don't think there's a fix to display on my tablet, I did try..very annoying). The Mounts sound ominous & rather fantastic!  :lol:

Ok ;)

As to the images, that's a moronic (imo) decision from some browsers (chrome, at least), making a mistake where there was none... 

Don't know if you checked this thread: https://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=17305.0

Offline klickyklack

• Playmo Lover
    • klickyklack (IG)
« Reply #82 on: August 04, 2022, 23:24:23 »
Thanks tahra! I had checked that thread, but didn't find anything that worked for me. Gah!   :-\

I've been making some custom Klickys recently..  It always bugged me that there was no blue/white girl classic Klicky & I had in mind to make one - the "impossible girl" (at least impossible as a non-custom Klicky).   

The girl I'd set aside to use the dress from broke apart easily using the beard/cape method, but then trying to get her some white legs was another story.  Fortunately I had plenty of spares to try & break apart because most of the classic kids were NOT budging. 

In the process of try to get a nice pair of white legs I ended up making some additional "impossible girls"  (their male friend was an arrival who had already had a little switcheroo before getting to me)

Offline klickyklack

• Playmo Lover
    • klickyklack (IG)
« Reply #83 on: August 04, 2022, 23:38:01 »
I'd lost track of what child Klickys I had, & was trying to gather them all together, go through them, see if there was any I wasn't into.. I ended up with a little pile that I wasn't loving as a whole & tried the beard/cape method on them.. definitely more success than with the classic kids, but there was still 50% I couldn't crack.

I made these with the parts of the ones I could (& a few other bits & pieces I had laying around from broken kids I'd received). Some successes, some I'm still not 100% on & might tweak.

I'm not a big fan of some of the more modern screening on the kids clothing, so the girls on the first 2 pictures I'm not 100% about, just because I don't love the screening patterns on their dresses, love the boys though. 

I'm happy with the 3rd pair in blue & green. 

The last trio are the ones I'm not convinced with.  Not loving the girl in the teddy t-shirt, but I'm not a big fan of the more modern child Klickys & their new-fangled hair-dos (I prefer the classic childrens bodys & hair styles) so I'm not sure anything will help her (I'll probably swap the green trousers onto the middle boy with the green top).  I think the riding outfit is fine, but I'd prefer it on a brown haired boy or girl so the hair & the hat don't blend together.  I guess a bit more swapping is in order.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #84 on: August 05, 2022, 07:35:20 »
Thanks tahra! I had checked that thread, but didn't find anything that worked for me. Gah!   :-\

I don't know much about tablets... is there another browser you can use on it? 

Those are some good looking kids.  :)

I'd lost track of what child Klickys I had, (...)

Join the club...  ::)

(...) & tried the beard/cape method on them.. definitely more success than with the classic kids, but there was still 50% I couldn't crack.

Yes, apart from the ones with neckpieces (and the newer "shaggy" boy heads), there are some that just don't work... without really making any sort of sense... A mystery.

I think the riding outfit is fine, but I'd prefer it on a brown haired boy or girl so the hair & the hat don't blend together.  I guess a bit more swapping is in order.

:P  I find myself doing the same MANY times... Like blond klickys do NOT wear yellow hats. Thinking about it, it's very silly, isn't it? But real.  VERY REAL.

I don't really dislike the newer hairs... it's just somewhat complicated because here, what determines boy/girl is the head (since they started to use other than the old lifted skirt torso for girls).. so... 

I LOVE the  "shaggy" (boy)  (example: playmodb link) and of course the braids and buns (girls) ... the one I REALLY REALLY dislike is the "sided" one (boy) (example: playmodb link) - hate that one, for boys OR girls (it's a boy here)

(feel free to add kid parts to your want list :P )

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #85 on: August 05, 2022, 08:18:59 »
I use Firefox to view tahra's photos on my (Android) tablet, that works fine.

I may have a few spare Indian klickies from that era, klickyklack. I'll have a look when I get back off holiday. I also have some spare moccasins, and Inuit.

It's great to focus on one era in a theme. PM revisited many themes several times and it's interesting to see how things evolved. I'm hoping to take some pictures of the various iterations of PM circuses which have been released. One day...
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #86 on: August 05, 2022, 09:24:38 »
I'm hoping to take some pictures of the various iterations of PM circuses which have been released. One day...

My wallet is cursing you already.  :P
(and I have a bunch of stuff for you..  :-[ )

(OT)

Offline klickyklack

• Playmo Lover
    • klickyklack (IG)
« Reply #87 on: August 05, 2022, 09:40:57 »
I don't know much about tablets... is there another browser you can use on it? 

Thanks! will reply about this on that thread

Quote from: tahra

IThose are some good looking kids.  :)

Join the club...  ::)

:-[ thanks! &  :lol: I can't even imagine how you would keep track!  8}

Yes, apart from the ones with neckpieces (and the newer "shaggy" boy heads), there are some that just don't work... without really making any sort of sense... A mystery.

I assume it's some nuance with the frames that makes certain kids harder to crack.  I'll have to check when the ones I was able to crack came out & see if there's any rhyme or reason to my success.

I don't really dislike the newer hairs... it's just somewhat complicated because here, what determines boy/girl is the head (since they started to use other than the old lifted skirt torso for girls).. so... 

I LOVE the  "shaggy" (boy)  (example: playmodb link) and of course the braids and buns (girls) ... the one I REALLY REALLY dislike is the "sided" one (boy) (example: playmodb link) - hate that one, for boys OR girls (it's a boy here)

(feel free to add kid parts to your want list :P )

:lol: enabler!

I have both the boys you linked & agree, the shaggy boy is quite cute, I love all the Native American kids, but it's not a hairstyle I'm a fan of for sure.   I also dislike with that girl that hats don't fit, that's a big no no for me..  I guess I just have certain periods of Klicky kids that are "peak cute" to me, classic heads, certain graphic style (& not too detailed & slick looking printing like on current kids). 

I need to take some updated photos of my kids soon.

Offline klickyklack

• Playmo Lover
    • klickyklack (IG)
« Reply #88 on: August 05, 2022, 09:49:23 »
I may have a few spare Indian klickies from that era, klickyklack. I'll have a look when I get back off holiday. I also have some spare moccasins, and Inuit.

It's great to focus on one era in a theme. PM revisited many themes several times and it's interesting to see how things evolved. I'm hoping to take some pictures of the various iterations of PM circuses which have been released. One day...

Ooh, thank you!  That's just where I started though & went from collecting that era to all the darn Indians / Native Americans.  So Indian & Indian related spares of any era (& Inuit) are of interest. 

Hope you're having a lovely holiday!

My wallet is cursing you already.  :P
:lmao:

I look forward to the circus themed data, as reasons that will become apparent later, I have a current circus obsession that is likely to be getting me to part with money, so like tahra my wallet is pre-emptively cursing you, as well as cursing myself for possibly triggering another subcollection via customising.   :hmm:

Offline klickyklack

• Playmo Lover
    • klickyklack (IG)
« Reply #89 on: August 06, 2022, 13:46:15 »
I wasn't sure whether to add these to this thread or the customisation thread, but I guess I'll add a couple of photos of just the custom Klickys on the other thread too.

The Schlimazel Orkestar now has 9 members, & I've also made a custom grasshopper royal family taking me up to 12 grasshoppers.  :love:  I'll getting another soon  :lol: & I might make another custom lady. 

The newest grasshopper custom is the lady in purple with the scarf. At first I thought she was just a general grasshopper lady, but then with the purple dress tying in with the grasshopper royal family I thought she could be the princess.  As the first born the princess should be in line for the throne, but I guess their grasshopper society has male primogeniture, so the princess has no interest in royal duties & has rebelled & joined the Orkestar.   

The blue grasshopper queen is an evil stepmother.  The yellow prince I'm not sure about..  I want to make the yellow alien into a female really, & get another blue alien to use as the prince, but he's ok for now.