Author Topic: Emergency Services  (Read 4864 times)

Offline PMatt

• Playmo Lover
Fire Department SAR SUV
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2020, 21:30:23 »
The Fire Department is equipped with a SUV fitted for Search and Rescue purposes. Such vehicle is deployed in both urban and rural environments and carries gear to face a great variety of situations; though dedicated mountain rescue organizations (which will hopefully be shown at a later time) exist, the Fire Department too can be dispatched to provide assistance in such incidents.

Immediately accessible to the crew of two are the ubiquitous fire extinguisher and first aid kit. Moreover, backpacks, safety helmets, spotlights and binoculars are also stored on the rear seats. The luggage compartment has been repurposed for the K9 unit. A roof box houses the rest of the equipment; a single-wheel stretcher, for use on uneven terrains, is also carried on the rooftop.

Fully kitted out, the brave firefighters and their canine companion are ready to locate any klicky who might find themselves in need of assistance.

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
Re: Emergency Services
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2020, 01:50:14 »
Very cool!
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2020, 09:50:45 »
A very neat idea and a good use of the 4x4 (Land over or G-Wagen, whichever you prefer). 

It's a highly adaptable vehicle with its ability to carry four crew and pull a trailer.  It's just a pity it's a bit over-scale.

Here's a version I made some year ago:

https://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=3965.msg48500#msg48500
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline klickyklack

• Playmo Lover
    • klickyklack (IG)
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2020, 14:47:23 »
Very nice photos & firecrew, you've done a great job! 

Really liked to see a lady on the crew too!   There is something very charming about klicky fire fighters.  :love:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2020, 18:03:31 »
Very nice, and well equipped too ;)

Thos klickys are very pretty :love:

Offline PMatt

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2020, 16:34:28 »
It's a highly adaptable vehicle with its ability to carry four crew and pull a trailer.  It's just a pity it's a bit over-scale.

Indeed: seeing the 4x4 and a 4821 fire engine side-by-side is a bit off-putting. By itself, though, the overall shape is great – I'm still kicking myself for not buying more than one 5427 when I had the chance, the vehicle looks great in grey.

Here's a version I made some year ago:

https://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=3965.msg48500#msg48500

Thanks for linking your version: I greatly enjoy seeing what different end results can be obtained from the same starting point! One can easily spot the difference between a professional's work and an amateur's. I'm impressed by the amount of gear you managed to fit in! I'll have to take inspiration from your detailed descriptions, too. By the way, I have a question for you: are the lifejackets meant to represent hi-viz vests or is it some kind of equipment I'm not familiar with?

Really liked to see a lady on the crew too!   There is something very charming about klicky fire fighters.  :love:
Thos klickys are very pretty :love:

I am somewhat surprised set 4227 doesn't show up more often – it had great potential, I think, its klickies can integrate seamlessly in multiple themes.

Offline PMatt

• Playmo Lover
Ski Patrol v.2
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2021, 18:50:23 »
Over a year ago, I anticipated I was working on an updated ski patrol.

Well, things came together at last and I'm ready to show the result. (Click to enlarge)

Police officers, too, watch over the slopes, ready to take action against dangerous conducts.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2021, 19:45:46 »
Those are really nice - and I like the "playmobil" skis... because. (I am sooooo easy :-[ )

Offline PMatt

• Playmo Lover
Assorted Firefighters
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2021, 16:15:27 »
[...] and I like the "playmobil" skis... because. (I am sooooo easy :-[ )

It makes sense for the brand name to be there – the same could not be said for the back of the old blue firefighters...

On the topic of firefighters: I played around with HazMat getups. Original level A suit on the left; level B suit on the right.

Another level B suit on the left; this one comes paired with a respirator rather than an SCBA. Random firefighter on the right.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: Assorted Firefighters
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2021, 16:54:40 »
It makes sense for the brand name to be there – the same could not be said for the back of the old blue firefighters...

Point (though if you mean the ones I think, I don't consider them "old"  :-[ )

On the topic of firefighters: I played around with HazMat getups. Original level A suit on the left; level B suit on the right.

Those look great! I think I am missing that hazmat orange hat  - got the klicky in a bunch. I think.