Author Topic: 5537+5538 Figures 7  (Read 12990 times)

Offline Robbie

• Playmo Master
Re: 5537+5538 Figures 7
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2014, 01:36:19 »
Thanks for sharing, Tahra! There are a few I really want!  :love:

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2014, 06:09:21 »
Thanks for, once again, sharing photos Tahra!!!

Thoughts:

The king is nice, though gold boots are kind of weird.
I love the cook’s utensils. I’m neutral on the klicky, but those utensils are gorgeous!
The skater has a nice torso, but again those awful pants!
We’ve just had a Roman, but this guy is pretty.

Frankly, I hate clowns, but he looks like an acceptable rendition for those who like them. In any case, I remember someone here needed one of those flowers.

The gangster... I agree with Tahra; it’s a poor choice for a toy. I also think SWAT officers and the agent guy from Series 6 were also poor choices. It’s one thing to have historical military figures; today’s kids aren’t under threat by cannons. I’m uncomfortable with depictions of modern violence in toys because children today do have to deal with gangsters, excessive force by police officers, etc. Playmobil should not evoke fear.

Robin Hood is lovely.
I just don’t even know what to make of the non-merman. He may have some useful parts.

The queen’s hair is lovely, though I think she would have been more stunning in red/gold or light blue/gold.
The hippie... it’s nice to see those hair pieces in brown. Is she properly a hippie? In my mind, hippies wear those long flowing dresses that were popular in the 70’s.
The fairy and the Bali woman... Both are gorgeous (yay, no hole in the back!) but suffer from an inability to sit down. I’d like a 2nd Bali woman to use for a custom.
The rider is lovely, though the medal would have been nice as an accessory.
The cowgirl almost makes me want to collect some western, and I’m not even into western. Cute and well-executed.
I love the nun! I really want the old one, but this one is lovely too. Not too sure about the blush though... I mean, she's a nun.
The geologist is awesome! It’s funny that they gave you a male torso, but hey, now you can make a matching couple.
The girl in purple overalls does look familiar. She’s cute, aside from the low crotch.
I don’t know why anyone would charm snakes in a bathing suit, but I admit I do like lime green.

Cute modern figures that will likely end up with my niece, unless I find them useful for my collection: diver, ice cream girl

Klickies that are okay, but not of particular interest to me: the fencer, the cameraman, space dude, the jogger

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2014, 07:40:14 »
I had a set list of ones I wanted, but I think that list just grew a bit.

I aim to please  :P

The king is nice, though gold boots are kind of weird.

As we discussed someplace else, I think I just got used to golden shoes. Weird, I know.

We’ve just had a Roman, but this guy is pretty.

My point is it's the same klicky. Actually, he has a cousin available on the ds NOW. LAZY.

The hippie... it’s nice to see those hair pieces in brown. Is she properly a hippie? In my mind, hippies wear those long flowing dresses that were popular in the 70’s.

I don't much think the legs fit either. And the shoes are UGLY. VERY UGLY.

I love the nun! I really want the old one, but this one is lovely too. Not too sure about the blush though... I mean, she's a nun.

With high heels. And a red book.  ::)   Can't get over the heels, flat feet would be quite useful.

The geologist is awesome! It’s funny that they gave you a male torso, but hey, now you can make a matching couple.

I think someone else mentioned that happening before, but can't remember who.. Unfortunately, THAT particular torso is not that exciting (it may even exist in male form). Can you imagine if it had been the cowgirl torso? :love:

I don’t know why anyone would charm snakes in a bathing suit, but I admit I do like lime green.

Uhm. Never thought of that. You do have a point.

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2014, 08:08:15 »
As we discussed someplace else, I think I just got used to golden shoes. Weird, I know.
I actually own dress flats (real ones) in a gold color, so I can't complain too much about that. I have yet to see gold men's boots in real life though.  :lol:

My point is it's the same klicky. Actually, he has a cousin available on the ds NOW. LAZY.
Yeah, I don't mind so much since I only have one Roman, but they could have mixed it up a bit, like maybe a Roman woman or something. He is pretty though...

With high heels. And a red book.  ::)   Can't get over the heels, flat feet would be quite useful.
I don't quite understand what you are getting at with the red book. Bibles and hymnals both frequently come in red. And some nuns wear high heels, though more flats in Playmobil overall would be nice. Did the old nun have heels or flats?

I think someone else mentioned that happening before, but can't remember who.. Unfortunately, THAT particular torso is not that exciting (it may even exist in male form). Can you imagine if it had been the cowgirl torso? :love:
Yeah, not the most interesting torso, but still funny.  ;)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2014, 08:28:40 »
Yeah, I don't mind so much since I only have one Roman, but they could have mixed it up a bit, like maybe a Roman woman or something. He is pretty though...

He's great. But he's been (or his cousins) in so MANY sets (including the figures!), and still available... Besides, he is a bit.. much - I mean, an officer, not a plain soldier. We always have that problem. "Too many chiefs, too few indians". I don't know if you have that saying.

I don't quite understand what you are getting at with the red book. Bibles and hymnals both frequently come in red.

REALLY!?  :o  Learn and live. No expert here. Always saw those in black covers.

And some nuns wear high heels, though more flats in Playmobil overall would be nice. Did the old nun have heels or flats?

Beautiful dark flats she has.

Yeah, not the most interesting torso, but still funny.  ;)

Very very funny. Funnier cause I actually thought it especially a good idea to make the figure a woman. Then the first one I get... It's a male!

Not sure if a kid getting that would find it funny though. Or a casual buyer. For a lot of us, would be no problem to just find another modern female torso, even if we had gotten just that one, right?

Offline Lynx

• PlaymoChess
  • Playmo Addict
  • The Story Of Randolph * PlaymoChess
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2014, 09:14:34 »
Thanks Tahra for this review, very helpfull for me to decide the ones to chase on ebay.

The Bali woman is my favourite, although it's a non- bending klicky.. the dress is wonderful!.
That strange Poseidon could be useful for me as another Faun, mr. Green's cousin or something. I agree there are too many reissues this time. You've used the word 'Lazy', I think that's the right word... or cheap perhaps, getting rid of the old stuff.
That snake has interesting colours and the woman looks good, a must have for me too.

Hey, I remember you were looking for a good, female officer/ warrior torso in one of your other threats, Tahra... The golden queen could be, in spite of the pink, very useful!

Thanks again!
RANDOLPH, a comic with Playmobil! Click for part: [1] [2] [3]

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2014, 09:24:50 »
He's great. But he's been (or his cousins) in so MANY sets (including the figures!), and still available... Besides, he is a bit.. much - I mean, an officer, not a plain soldier. We always have that problem. "Too many chiefs, too few indians". I don't know if you have that saying.
Yeah, we have a saying like that. I wonder what children think. Do they want regular soldiers and peasants or do they prefer just having officers and royalty?

REALLY!?  :o  Learn and live. No expert here. Always saw those in black covers.
Black, red, navy, white and brown are common colors. Churches that provide the books in the pews often have the Bibles, hymnals and prayer books different colors, so it's easy to tell which is which. It's pretty common to have one navy, one black, and one red, for instance. However, nowadays, you can find Bibles in any color, if you look for them. I wouldn't mind getting a Playmo book in black though, just because I have enough red Playmo books.

Not sure if a kid getting that would find it funny though. Or a casual buyer. For a lot of us, would be no problem to just find another modern female torso, even if we had gotten just that one, right?
Yeah, a casual buyer might find it irksome. Collectors like us would probably just buy another figure.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2014, 09:33:59 »
Hey, I remember you were looking for a good, female officer/ warrior torso in one of your other threats, Tahra... The golden queen could be, in spite of the pink, very useful!

I sorted my roman officers... But I do love the queen. We'll keep all of them. Actually, wouldn't mind a couple more of the royals.. One will DEFINETELY be a female knight.

I wouldn't mind getting a Playmo book in black though, just because I have enough red Playmo books.

There aren't any, right? In black, I mean.. Red is a common enough color, made MORE common by the pregnant figure.. With that same sticker.  ::)

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2014, 09:41:09 »
There aren't any, right? In black, I mean.. Red is a common enough color, made MORE common by the pregnant figure.. With that same sticker.  ::)

Not as far as I know. The books I have are red, blue or (less common) white. I don't remember any black.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2014, 18:32:16 »
The Robin Hood totally reminds me of the Errol Flynn version