Author Topic: 5458+5459 Figures 6  (Read 19953 times)

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
Re: 5458+5459 Figures 6
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2014, 19:56:17 »
Great photos!

I lurve the Chinese lady! And the new cape mould is a pleasant surprise.

However, what's with all the unshaven men and pink princesses?!  ???

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2014, 20:04:55 »
The Chinese lady is holding a fan. No idea why they made that transparent.

I thought it was a fan, but transparent? That kinda threw me off..

However, what's with all the unshaven men and pink princesses?!  ???

I've been asking that for YEARS. And not just about the figures... And gold shoes, while we're at it.

Offline Baron Marshall

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2014, 22:15:01 »
Imo, gold shoes are better than lime green or pink  :lol:
Someday, I will organize my stuff, I promise.

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2014, 22:34:54 »
Great review thanks, the girls as you know not really my thing although the 50's girls looks quite good and that Witch  ;D what great stand out design at least if you use the normal face.

It's good to see some of the boys I didn't get like the Agent and PJ man who look alright and the Byawatch guy who I intend to pick up, I've got to admit I totally agree with a lot of your comments the fringes on the Arabian guy are out of place and I would've prefered a more slim line Karate guy. Gotta say seeing all the comparison photos now it does look like they've been rather lazy with some of the figures on this series reusing parts on the Karate guy, Gladiator (incidently seeing your photos think he looks much better with the gold sandals and more detailed belt) and I didn't get the Construction guy because he's essentially all old parts released nothing special there. I wasn't really sure what to say about the Alien but, I think I would have liked him slightly better if his skin had had a less shiny tone.   

Offline kaethe

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2014, 04:04:40 »
Thanks for the great review.  That pink cape is a great shape, but as others have said, why must they continue to use Barbie doll pink for so many items: pink hiking shorts(!).  The Chinese lady is interesting, I am waiting for Cheng to give us his period appropriate opinion.

Thank you again.
kaethe

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2014, 08:22:26 »
More Mongolian than chinese (Clothes, hair and that muslim-like red cap makes me think she might even be Muslim) and the fan is meant to be translucent, thin silk.

Tahra, I have also be quite unhappy with those half completed belts so what I did was complete them with my closest matching and fortunately those lines/creases are oftenin black, so I just continue them using permanent thin black marker pens

and last but not least, thank you so much for sharing those every clear photos from so many angles...my favourite still remains the Scot although I will refrain frmo starting a theme

sorry, more questions Tahra...those Scottish arms...any other klicky had this similar(sleeve colour) arm? and the brown matches with other brown torsos so it doesnt have to be used only with these armor? (for those who want a variant of these Scots...I dont remember them in armour but I'm sure Geobra has done their reserch and I'm wrong again..like the 'Chinese' girl)

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2014, 08:27:44 »
Thank you for the great review! It's interesting to see all the parts separate.

I might buy some of them, like the koala ranger and the fifties lady. David Hasselhoff is a must, too. Braveheart's sword is so nice!!

I really hope the inexplicable faces will be limited to the series F?gures... The gold shoes bother me too. It makes the whole clicky useless, 'cause who would walk around with gold shoes, unless you're a fairy tale princess in a castle or something? And the pink, bleh, I give up.

The fairy is cool however, because you can use her for the circus. She has the perfect costume for it.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2014, 08:45:46 »
Imo, gold shoes are better than lime green or pink  :lol:

Well.... the thing is, most flat shoes ARE gold. So I'd actually welcome them in green or pink for a change. Though how about making them in NORMAL colors... brown, black..

Great review thanks, the girls as you know not really my thing although the 50's girls looks quite good and that Witch  ;D what great stand out design at least if you use the normal face.

Yes, the other green face is quite dreadful.. That mouth gives me the creeps.  The fifties girls came as a nice surprise :)

Gotta say seeing all the comparison photos now it does look like they've been rather lazy with some of the figures on this series reusing parts on the Karate guy, Gladiator (incidently seeing your photos think he looks much better with the gold sandals and more detailed belt) and I didn't get the Construction guy because he's essentially all old parts released nothing special there. I wasn't really sure what to say about the Alien but, I think I would have liked him slightly better if his skin had had a less shiny tone.   

Many figures are the same. And Cleo. I mean, there was already a Cleopatra in the Figures - they do know that, right?! Maybe now they aim at a short attention span? Like everything else? :( Sad, really.  On the plus side, at least this time she has proper sandals. Why can't we have those in white skin, I ask!? :hissyfit:

I'm not sure, but I think the construction guy may not be just made of old parts.. He looks REALLY familiar. Me thinks he came in a set like that.

I like the alien color - the shiny tone looks ok to me to be his skin :)  And the figure is great for parts... makes little sense as an alien... but my elf is probably done :)

Thanks for the great review.  That pink cape is a great shape, but as others have said, why must they continue to use Barbie doll pink for so many items: pink hiking shorts(!). 

Yes. It's so... I don't even know. In ONE series.... GAH.  Those shorts would be so amazing in a "proper color".

More Mongolian than chinese (Clothes, hair and that muslim-like red cap makes me think she might even be Muslim) and the fan is meant to be translucent, thin silk.

Ah, thanks for clearing that up. Translucent silk. THAT makes sense - a glass fan would not  :P

Tahra, I have also be quite unhappy with those half completed belts so what I did was complete them with my closest matching and fortunately those lines/creases are oftenin black, so I just continue them using permanent thin black marker pens

Yes, I remember your great work :)  Unfortunately, not all of us are that handy. And I'd prefer not to paint most klickys, and I'm afraid they "bleed" to the others...

and last but not least, thank you so much for sharing those every clear photos from so many angles...my favourite still remains the Scot although I will refrain frmo starting a theme

Yours and everyone else's? ;)

sorry, more questions Tahra...those Scottish arms...any other klicky had this similar(sleeve colour) arm? and the brown matches with other brown torsos so it doesnt have to be used only with these armor? (for those who want a variant of these Scots...I dont remember them in armour but I'm sure Geobra has done their reserch and I'm wrong again..like the 'Chinese' girl)

I think Norum - uhm, polar - MIGHT be - plain brown. Not sure though... if that is the case, then the ragged brown sleeves of that pirate are no match, cause I tried that with no success, and ended up with plain arms.... I've done some experimenting, but not final. My sister is the one who thought we should keep an original one. I wouldn't  :-[

Remind me to check next weekend?

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2014, 08:49:52 »
I really hope the inexplicable faces will be limited to the series F?gures... The gold shoes bother me too. It makes the whole clicky useless, 'cause who would walk around with gold shoes, unless you're a fairy tale princess in a castle or something? And the pink, bleh, I give up.

I think the top agents had some dreadful double faces.. Unfortunately, some mostly useless heads were not double - the drunk high mad scientist, for example...

As to the shoes, I think we got used to klickys in gold shoes. I mean, due to the lack of options.. but you are right, it is quite strange if you thing about it  ::) 

I don't understand the colors. Are "proper" colors more expensive or something?

The fairy is cool however, because you can use her for the circus. She has the perfect costume for it.

Unfortunately, there are plenty of circus performers passing as fairies :(

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2014, 11:21:12 »

Oh, I could see Mongolian. Either way, she's totally awesome and NOT pink.