Author Topic: Some avatar photos not showing  (Read 2482 times)

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
Some avatar photos not showing
« on: March 13, 2014, 14:29:27 »
Sylvia-
I noticed that some avatar photos were not showing up on individual posts, then I noticed that my own avatar photo was also not appearing.  Is it just me and my computer?  A few other missing photos that I noticed were Cloud Strife, hauden_lukas, and reimagination.  Thanks in advance for your help!
U.S.A.      Massachusetts

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
Re: Some avatar photos not showing
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 16:22:48 »
I know I'm not Sylvia, but I had been having the same problem, when I was using internet explorer. Then I switched to firefox and I can see all the avatars. I can see yours just fine.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 16:58:06 »
Interesting . . . thanks bonniebeth!

Offline cowabounga

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2014, 18:51:04 »
I'm not Sylvia either, but on my iPhone with Safari, all the avatar pictures show.
Life in the so called space age...

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2014, 04:36:33 »
Good morning dear Friends  :wave:

I have noticed this also and confirm that some avatars are still noth showing  ???

Karim
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2014, 08:12:56 »
I've tried to find out the reason for this and some sources say it could be due to an incompatability between the css code used by the forum and certain versions of Internet Explorer. I'm not willing to mess about with the coding just in case it causes other problems.

I have never experienced the missing avatar problem myself, but then I always use Firefox when visiting PF. There are a lot of free alternative web browsers these days which IMO are far superior to IE, but I understand that some people are reluctant to change or are perhaps unable to get access to different browsers.

The only thing I can suggest is to make sure your version of IE is the most current one by allowing it to install automatic updates.

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2014, 13:42:36 »
Thanks for the info, Sylvia.  IE has had so many problems over the years and this one will probably work itself out eventually or we can use a different browser.  My son keeps bugging me to use Chrome - maybe its time to take a look . . .