Author Topic: Anniversary set suggestions!  (Read 1175 times)

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
Anniversary set suggestions!
« on: August 20, 2013, 19:49:03 »
Seeing how disappointing the anniversary sets have turned out to be, how about we discuss how they should go about it?

Personly I think it would be good to release updated versions of popular classics.

Pretty much what those classic sets would look like if they where released today, taking advantage of the wider color pallete, improved molds for accesoires and other items, and of course more detailed clickies with moveable hands, footwear, variety of hairstyles, newer animal models, etc.

On to my suggestions for this:

3265: Jousting knights.
The very first jousting knights could be released anew with a make over.
It's very recognizeable, anyone who knows classic playmobil probably knows of it when they see it.

All clickies could now wear boots or shoes, some might have a beard or mustache, the knights could get an updated suit of armor which covers their arms as well but still being shiny. While the same unicorn, red falcon and nuremberg heraldry should be maintained, the newer kite shields could be used for this. Same for the flags.

The squires could now have the heraldry printed on their chest, allowing them to wear belts and something around their neck to put them fully up to date.
I'd like those classic swords to use that classic mold though, nothing wrong with it. It's a good model. Perhaps the squires their hats could use newer equivalents of the same hat though. I believe similar hats where used in the 90's as well.

3482: city mercenaries. (nuremberg guard.)
Classic medieval was very popular, everyone is familiar with the typical clickies of the time, none so iconic as the nuremberg guard once they became uniformed.

For the update, I'd suggest for them to update the nuremberg guard to be somewhat similar to the fleur de lis soldiers of the early 90's.
In other words: keeping the chestplate as it is, but now displaying the nuremberg heraldry printed on the back and wearing preferably black boots.
New shield molds should be used here as well to display the old nuremberg heraldry. Aside from that some could have a beard. Same mold for helmets should be used seeing how iconic it is.
Maybe a new drum mold could be used too, not sure if a new one was ever made but if not they should make one attached to a sash or such so that the clicky can use it while marching.

3462: Drug store.
Western was also quite big at first, the first theme to have buildings of any kind I think. Any western building aside a saloon or sherrif's office would be good seeing as those where released later on still but the others werent. I nominate the drug store however.

The clicky salesman could get a nice update, looking similar to the newest batch of cowboys. Building itself could have the same colors and be pretty much the same, but the accesoires could be updated. Making use of new molds for tools, cups, chests and they could of course add some items to the drug store that didnt have molds yet back in the day. Like ropes and other stuff that could be sold at a drug store.

For modern themes, I have a hard time thinking of a good old sets to redo since most stuff has been redone anyways. It was a rather limited theme back then that didnt really kick off untill the 90's once modern houses where added. Pirates don't have much to release an updated version of since thats what they have been doing pretty much all these years already.

Perhaps they could release an updated version of the original pirate captain though.
Black outfit, wooden leg, brown boot, classic blonde hair, updated red cuffs and red neckpiece, new hands, mold for the hat is still used and the feather too so no problems there.

Aside from releasing popular classics, I'd also suggest for them to release 10 old playmobil specials. The most popular ones from the first few batches. Personly I would suggest for these to be amongst them:
-4501: Sherlock holmes.
-4502: Night guard.
-4506: Dracula.
-4508: Saxophonist.
-4521: Arab warrior.

Anyone else have something to chip in? what should they release as an anniversary set?

Offline el jefe

• Playmo Addict
Re: Anniversary set suggestions!
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 21:05:33 »
Great suggestions.  This is kinda want I thought the anniv. sets would be.  Classic set with a new twist or just a straight reissue of an awesome set, like Ox Cart Knight or something.