Author Topic: Help needed! I'm too scared to touch!  (Read 3245 times)

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
Re: Help needed! I'm too scared to touch!
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2013, 01:57:16 »
i just saw this thread and have a question for everyone....can't one of the wheels be pulled out from the metal axle safely without cracking the hub? if you tug at both the wheels, the looser hub might just release safely..I supposed you might have tried but it was too tight to risk? (usually do that for toy cars where there are holes for the axles instead of just hooks)
or are all kinds of PM wheels glued to metal axles?

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2013, 04:00:01 »
i just saw this thread and have a question for everyone....can't one of the wheels be pulled out from the metal axle safely without cracking the hub? if you tug at both the wheels, the looser hub might just release safely..I supposed you might have tried but it was too tight to risk? (usually do that for toy cars where there are holes for the axles instead of just hooks)

The one I have, the wheels simply will not come off the axle.

Offline Keesinho

• Playmo Fanatic
  • The Pale Rider
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2014, 20:58:27 »

Necro thread! But worthy on an answer.. Sometimes you can pull the wheels off..and other times they are so stuck you end up destroying the wheel because the spikes (?) break as a result of the force.

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2014, 23:02:09 »
So, the 2 small wheels were on the back and the 2 big wheels on the front?
Then why trying to pull off the wheels, instead of just removing the axles from their holders - with the wheels still on - and putting them in the right place?!  ???
These waggons came with the wheels already attached to the axles. Swapping the front and aft axle should be no problem, normally the axle-holders won't break or something if you handle it with some care ...
If the holders loosen too much so the axles might drop out, add some small bits of thin invisible tape around the axle in the right place and voilĂ .
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 23:09:26 by Hadoque »

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Keesinho

• Playmo Fanatic
  • The Pale Rider
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2014, 14:45:08 »
So, the 2 small wheels were on the back and the 2 big wheels on the front?
Then why trying to pull off the wheels, instead of just removing the axles from their holders - with the wheels still on - and putting them in the right place?!  ???

Err that's what I did. :)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2014, 16:35:56 »
I was thinking you were removing the whole axil with wheels and swapping them. Taking off the actual wheel is difficult due to the metal shaft (axil) having the grooves and the glue.
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays: