Author Topic: Got some series 2 fi?ures today  (Read 7153 times)

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
Got some series 2 fi?ures today
« on: February 26, 2012, 01:40:44 »
Went to Dalscone Farm, our local children's open farm that has a large toy shop today, just to buy eggs (or so I told Sandy) and to see if they had any series one fi?ures left, and could hardly believe it when I saw they had series 2  :yippee: :yippee: :yippee:
I think I rather embarrassed my eldest son with my reaction :lol:
Last time, this shop was the last in the country I think to get the fi?ures.

I had a great time feeling packets and came away with the ones I wanted - plus a knight that somehow found itself in the pile I had chosen.  I would have liked a couple more females but had to restrain myself - until next week!

These are what I got...

I don't know if anyone has shown details of the back of the princess' hair and the lovely flower on the monkey girl's hair but here it is...

I was a little disappointed that the princess' hair has small holes in it for the stars, I would have liked it without really to be able to use it on other klickies, but she really is beautiful and I love her clutch bag, which even has a little gold bow on it.
Elvis' outfit seems to match her dress and we wondered if, with different hair and maybe a crown he could be her partner.

I was surprised that the rapier on the pirate is so bendy, somehow it doesn't seem like Playmobil.  I expect if I'd found it amongst the boys' other toys I would have put it as being from another type of figure rather than Playmobil.

Last week I bought a series 1 figure - the female with the pointed hat and blue skirt with pink flowers, when I opened the bag it had two scarves, but only one arm and no torso! 
Today I got an extra basketball in with the basketball player so I suppose I'm even now  :)

Elaine
          A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
Re: Got some series 2 fi?ures today
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 02:19:12 »
Oh, congrats! The princess is soooo beautiful. Can't wait to get her. That's too bad about the holes in the hair, though. :-\

Geobra, if you're listening, PLEASE give us a fancy up-do with no holes anywhere! :prays:
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline bootgypsy

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 02:49:35 »
I am so jealous!!! i want them so badly!!!!!

congrats!
Cyndi ~ Alabama, USA

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 05:33:31 »
Interesting to see, thanks for posting the rear shots

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 05:50:42 »
Ah, I want some too! And I agree that the bendable rapiers aren't that great. :( I don't have any yet, but I don't imagine using them much when I do get some. And I wish the knight had grey (or black) hands!

And how are the fairy's wings attached? Can they be removed without leaving holes or clips or something? I doubt it... :(
~Pynedor~

Offline EmGee

• Playmo Fanatic
  • "It ain't easy being plastic!"
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2012, 07:54:38 »
Can't wait til I get my hands on some of those! Thanks for the photos...
~EmGee~

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2012, 07:55:32 »
Ah! they are so wonderfull, Elaine!! Thank you for the pics!!! They look even better than I imagined!!!

Offline EmGee

• Playmo Fanatic
  • "It ain't easy being plastic!"
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2012, 07:56:35 »

And how are the fairy's wings attached? Can they be removed without leaving holes or clips or something? I doubt it... :(

I'm pretty sure the back is like that of the fairy from the 4148 set. It has a big, square hole in the back.
http://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showpart.pl?partnum=30-14-4300
~EmGee~

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2012, 08:26:33 »
Couldnt resist getting two figures yesterday when at the store, sadly with my luck I managed to pick two of the same figure, and one I didnt care much for either.  :(

So now I have the blue astronaut twice. I gues it might be used for some diorama, but I think I will refrain from buying more figures in the future.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2012, 09:24:21 »
Thanks for the photos, Elaine.  Apparently, Playmobil messed up and the Series 2 F?gures weren't delivered to the UK when they should have been, hence the lack of them at Knaresborough.

So far, none of them has appealed to me, but maybe in the future...
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”