Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Brainstorming For Playmobil / Re: What's wrong with Playmobil? 2
« Last post by Alex4420 on Today at 12:30:17 »
Speaking as a rather superficial consumer who bought PM for his children, I did not care less about the building system. What mattered was visibility -- when the toys were in shops, my children could see them and I was inclined to make impulsive purchases for them as well as holiday purchases. PM's withdrawal from US stores -- most notably Target and Wal-Mart -- is dooming sales here more than anything.
« Last post by Oliver on Today at 10:40:08 »

PM construction-play costs aren't that bad.  Just buy two used steck castles, or system-x hospitals, or space bases, and a budding engineer / designer already a lot to play with.  We're talking $350 on the US Ebay, at most — much less if you live in Europe — which is fairly reasonable.  Also, given that Playmobil tend to keep their value, and can be easily resold, that isn't such a bad deal.

I mean, you're correct - but if you want to build things, there are other toys that are better suited to it. I do think Playmobil should aim to have a flexible building system - and I actually thought there was more System-X in the present range than there is - but I don't think it's ever going to be the primary strength of the brand.
Report & Review / Re: Porsche 911 Carrera RS 2.7 - Offroad 71436
« Last post by tahra on Today at 09:55:34 »
Thanks for the pics - it's a nice car, and very different. But I cannot :(

I like the klicky too!
Any updates on this? I bought the same figure from two different stores and it had the same code for both !!!

The exact same code?

I finished getting the figures, playing for almost all of them..

Review pending. Still have all the app screenshots to organize (and some to capture)
Mystery Figures Series / Re: Series 25 - 71455 and 71456
« Last post by GrahamB on Today at 08:06:40 »
....I'm going to assume the police officer is an actor in a tv show. There's no way that long loose hair meets police regulation; it's too dangerous without plot armor.

:lol:
« Last post by Ismene on Today at 05:53:09 »
I haven't seen blind bags locally for years.

The Sami couple is lovely (I may venture onto ebay for them). The B&W Victorian is kind of fun. Hipster dad is a great idea. I like the sushi chef. I love the basketball player's hair and the artist's hair. The Valkyrie is cool, but it always annoys me when klickies can't sit down. The pink queen had a bad makeup job but nice torso. I'm going to assume the police officer is an actor in a tv show. There's no way that long loose hair meets police regulation; it's too dangerous without plot armor.
News / Re: Korean exclusive - King Sejong the Great
« Last post by Ismene on Today at 05:51:58 »
He's starting to show up on ebay, but I'm going to need to catch a leprechaun to afford him. $$$ :irish:
« Last post by Janilew on Today at 03:54:14 »
I have a couple dozen fi?ures from old serieses that I don't need, I can get a list together if you're interested.  :hatoff:

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS . PLEASE!!!  :love: :love: :love: :love:
« Last post by Macruran on Today at 01:59:10 »
I have a couple dozen fi?ures from old serieses that I don't need, I can get a list together if you're interested.  :hatoff:
« Last post by JPSA on April 23, 2024, 23:43:20 »
The general attitude from Brandstater Group was very odd, as though the collectors were a nuisance ….

It seems BG has a problem with any group they can't control ( ex: collectors, animation producers ), and that may have its roots in Horst Branstatter's anti-union attitude — which has festered in recent years, contributing to the current climate of fear.  See article that was mentioned in the video:

Kultur der Angst bei Playmobil - Stuttgarter Zeitung [ use Chrome's translate option ]

Quote:

"Arbitrariness, harassment, and bullying, are the order of the day. The experienced trade unionist tells of several Playmobil employees who were laid off, without giving reasons, and then transferred as punishment, over a heated dispute about the interpretation of workplace regulations in hot weather, as well as systematic investigation into employees' union-membership status. Anyone who applies for Christmas bonuses in Zirndorf must present their union card. This way, the employer can find out, by name, who is a union member.
(...)
Things got really heated recently. Franconia and Playmobil have not been spared from the high temperatures nationwide, which prompted IG Metall [ Germany and Europe's largest industrial union ] works councils to send out a notice. First they thanked management for setting up water dispensers, then quoted a passage from the workplace regulations. According to which, employees are entitled to a ten-minute “de-heating phase” every hour at room temperatures above 35 degrees Celsius. 'This doesn’t mean that you stop working, but rather that you move to a cooler room and carry out simple tasks there,' explains Möller. The outcry over the unionists' 'heat slip' was great. It came not only from management, but also from the general works council, in which IG Metall does not have a say and which is obviously divided."

Obviously, this is a far cry from Santa's workshop — more like: the first ring of Hell!

...Excessive control takes the fun out — along with goodwill and positive contributions, let alone creativity — doesn't it?

So, maybe the solution really is to move production to some authoritarian hellhole, like... China!

Fundamentally, I believe it is a management hubris problem (ego).  Hopefully, bankruptcy will force them to make amends, and revise their attitude.  The company won't survive long, otherwise, if they remain divided.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10