Author Topic: The A-Team  (Read 5989 times)

Offline Joshua D

• Playmo Fanatic
Re: The A-Team
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2021, 23:31:53 »
The Dukes of Hazzard was an 80’s tv series centered around a vehicle although, not sure how well a toy car with a confederate flag on it will sell now. I agree with Adam16bit about Dr.who though, I remember seeing pics of playmobil style funko figures of the good doctor as well as Willy Wonka and if I’m not mistaken a ninja turtle?

Offline Adam16bit

• Playmo Enthusiast
  • has been writing about toys for a long time
    • 16bit.com
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2021, 23:57:17 »
The Dukes of Hazzard was an 80’s tv series centered around a vehicle although, not sure how well a toy car with a confederate flag on it will sell now. I agree with Adam16bit about Dr.who though, I remember seeing pics of playmobil style funko figures of the good doctor as well as Willy Wonka and if I’m not mistaken a ninja turtle?

You're probably never going to see new Dukes of Hazzard General Lee cars again.  https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/warner-bros-stop-licensing-dukes-hazzard-products-confederate/story?id=31993341 Warner Bros. even stopped licensing it a few years ago.   There were die-cast and RC cars being made for it up until about then, retro TV/movie cars from just about everything tend to do well - Knight Rider's KITT, the Munsters' Koach, the Bluesmobile, the DeLorean from BTTF, and so on and so forth.

Funko did some great stuff - TMNT, Doctor Who, Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, Willy Wonka, we even had an exclusive B&W TMNT Raphael at work.  There were a few plans for other licenses which Playmobil didn't want to do, and those XL figures - while awesome - had pretty limited articulation.   I still love their Fourth Doctor design, I got the Funko guys standing on top of one of my Playmobil shelf racks.  I'd love to see standard-sized figures of all of them. I'm hoping those that work on the line feel like sharing the stories behind it - there are some of the unreleased designs out there, and Funko and Playmobil each had very different perspectives for figure development.  You can see some of the Fallout and The Walking Dead concept art floating around out there.  I can't remember if they showed other concept art at Toy Fair or not when I met with them the year Playmobil was shown.
--Adam
16bit.com and elsewhere

Online Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2021, 23:10:14 »
Three's Company

(If you didn't get this series in the UK, well, you didn't miss anything)

Three's Company was an American version of the earlier British programme Man About the House, the landlords in both are named Roper but with different first names. Both series had spinoffs about the landlords.

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2021, 23:33:46 »
Incredible, I never knew that  :(o): So many US series were based on UK ones
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline surfergirl

• PCC Member
  • Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2021, 17:53:27 »
It's been said before, but Playmobil has often issued sets which seem inspired by movies current at the time (though usually a couple of years after the peak of popularity) without claiming to be exactly based upon the movie, to avoid licensing litigation. Here are a couple which seem to me to be right out of the Indianna Jones mould:

3015 Jungle Ruins, from 1998
4842 Treasure Temple with guards, from 2009

Indianna Jones films were released in 1981, 1984, 1989 and 2008, so 3015 was very 'late' but 4842 was perhaps able to cash in on some of the enthusiasm generated by the fourth film (mind you, I don't know how popular the fourth film was).

They’re currently filming the latest In the Indiana Jones franchise in Glasgow…..so,eyes peeled for the Playmobil franchise of that soon too!
I wish I lived in Germany!

Offline Redmao

• Playmo Lover
  • Playmo adventurer
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2021, 12:20:38 »
The A-team set popped on the Canadian site for $120 cdn.
The escape van that was just released in the police theme also comes with 4 figures plus a small pursuit helicopter costs $95. I guess the extra $25 goes to the design of the new hair pieces and the cost of the license.

The Mystery machine which was the first to use the new van mold costs $60 and comes with 3 figures. I guess Covid really is affecting prices.

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2021, 16:37:36 »
The A-team set popped on the Canadian site for $120 cdn.
The Mystery machine which was the first to use the new van mold costs $60 and comes with 3 figures. I guess Covid really is affecting prices.

Both are 'licensed theme'. Prices are going up 25%, 50%, and like with this van sometimes inflation = 100%.
And certainly not only prices of plastic toys.
:hmm:

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2021, 16:45:06 »
The manual is available: http://playmobil.a.bigcontent.io/v1/static/70750_buildinginstruction

I must have that B.A. klicky to create a Western black bold klicky! :o
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2021, 18:41:08 »
I must have that B.A. klicky to create a Western black bold klicky! :o

YES, a dozen of those heads.

We can assume the beard is not normal?

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2021, 18:50:08 »
We can assume the beard is not normal?

I assume it's the same "construction" as the beard of Royal Guard Sir Ulf from Super4:

Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest