Author Topic: New Train Station  (Read 1886 times)

Offline gloobey

• Playmo Fanatic
    • My Illustration Website
New Train Station
« on: April 30, 2021, 03:36:09 »
After 5 years of moving in to a new house, opening up a new business, and surviving last year's shutdown, I finally have had a chance to build a new Playmobil/LGB train layout. This is a first pic of the newly started town (as yet to be named). I'll be posting more pics as I get things finished. This is analog, with all LGB controls. I'm happy to answer questions and take advice if anybody out there has any. I'm staying away from digital control at the moment, but who knows what the future may hold.

I used to post here years ago, and am so glad this community is still here. There's just nothing better than Playmobil!
What's the point of going, if you can't get there on a train?

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: New Train Station
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2021, 08:13:49 »
That seems huge (and gorgeous!) - looking forward to more pics :love:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2021, 08:59:52 »
Certainly, you are off to a good start!
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline gloobey

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2021, 02:16:47 »
Thanks guys! The layout is on a 5' x 10'. It's small for LGB, but I'm packing in as much as I can. I will post better pictures, in color, the next time I get some work done. It's really fun to rediscover Playmo I haven't unboxed since I moved.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2021, 13:12:03 »
Thanks guys! The layout is on a 5' x 10'. It's small for LGB, but I'm packing in as much as I can. I will post better pictures, in color, the next time I get some work done. It's really fun to rediscover Playmo I haven't unboxed since I moved.

That is small, but small can be good.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline gloobey

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2021, 21:01:39 »
At one point I had my backyard full or trains. It was really fun, but we moved  and haven't had time to rebuild an outdoor layout. This one is to hold me over until I can start outdoors again. The nice thing about small is that you can pay attention to details.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2021, 00:14:52 »
Looks great! Small does allow for more attention to detail, which can be a lot of fun

Offline Junker Jörg

• Playmo Addict
  • Hier stehe ich, ich kann auch anders.
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2021, 09:58:55 »
Glückwunsch zum Neubeginn! Das schaut schon mal sehr vielversprechend aus und ich freu mich auf mehr!

Congrats to your new start! It does look very promising, looking forward to seeing more!

jj:
Lust auf Bilder? => www.klickywelt.de (mit Anmeldung)
Fancy more pics? => www.klickywelt.de (sign in to see)