Author Topic: BTTF III Advent Calendar (70576), train coming?  (Read 6068 times)

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
BTTF III Advent Calendar (70576), train coming?
« on: April 23, 2021, 20:11:52 »
Great news (I've seen it everywhere popping up)! A new advent calendar of the "Back to the Future" series is coming! Some nice parts for the Western collectors:

Click images to enlarge:

But check this detail!

On which tracks are we supposed to put the DeLorean?! Is a train coming, is this a hint?!  :o  :o  :o
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
Re: BTTF III Advent Calendar (70576), train coming?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2021, 06:45:16 »
Oh, hey, they unearthed the Victorian camera mold.

Offline Redmao

• Playmo Lover
  • Playmo adventurer
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2021, 10:42:01 »
I've said it before, but it's great that Playmobil includes extra accessories for the 70317 DeLorean in these sets instead of selling 3 separate cars with slight differences like other big toy companies would do.
Great looking set and the klickies are pretty cool.

Offline Erik

• Playmobil crusader / Toyhunter
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2021, 11:52:18 »
That holster Marty is packing seems VERY interesting for customizing, if I'm seeing it right.
The most valiant knights are made of German plastic!!!

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2021, 12:06:09 »
Oh, hey, they unearthed the Victorian camera mold.

Best bit for me, the camera man is one of the Victorian sets I don't have!

I think a train is unlikely because of the cost, unless it was very paired back

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2021, 18:33:51 »
The ten gallon hat in brown is a new color and looks great, excellent to see the camera back again. For those not familiar with the trains, the Steaming Mary train had the power unit in the coal tender. The main train part is just plastic parts so could be recast if the molds are still good. No more plastic in it than one of those village structures they have been releasing and the mold investment is already made. So I think it is a real possibility.

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2021, 18:57:29 »
The ten gallon hat in brown is a new color and looks great, excellent to see the camera back again. For those not familiar with the trains, the Steaming Mary train had the power unit in the coal tender. The main train part is just plastic parts so could be recast if the molds are still good. No more plastic in it than one of those village structures they have been releasing and the mold investment is already made. So I think it is a real possibility.

I hope so... They can perfectly use the old mold (if it's in a proper state) and leave space in the coal tender for a wireless motor (which could be optional) and I tend to say that I'm sure the train will sell!
On the other hand, someone on Facebook pointed out somewhere that the width between the wheels of the DeLorean is wider than the G-scale tracks...
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2021, 18:59:52 »
That holster Marty is packing seems VERY interesting for customizing, if I'm seeing it right.

I think it's a regular one, just a bit high on the waist of the klicky.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2021, 19:32:30 »
I love the hats too :)  And Doc's coat.. And Marty's Roy Rogers getup :P 

Is Copernicus new? Tiermann?  :-[

A shame the woman (Clara?) is a speedo. :(

On the other hand, someone on Facebook pointed out somewhere that the width between the wheels of the DeLorean is wider than the G-scale tracks...

That was my next question (but I forgot to check) - I did notice the track is NOT the existing one (this one is prettier). IF they did a train, stands to reason they'd do something totally incompatible with everything that exists, and any standard. They must really make effort for this.  :(

... would it be possible that the new wheels for the car would make it fit the existing track? (hope is the last thing to die, we say here...)

I think it's a regular one, just a bit high on the waist of the klicky.

Yep, I think so too. And it doesn't really fit with the poncho, but that never stopped them... At least, it looks a lot better than the peg holster - that one is HUGE.

Offline Joshua D

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2021, 06:28:43 »
 :love: :love: :love: :love:
Everything is perfect!! Doc Browns rifle especially!! they’ve really outdone themselves with getting the outfits movie accurate. I haven’t seen western figures this cool since the mid 90’s!!