Author Topic: Fi?ures Skeletons apparantly not to be used outside of Fi?ures line  (Read 4011 times)

Offline Baron Marshall

• Playmo Master
As Rasputin recently commented at the PCC about this and it doesn't seem to be taken seriously over there I figured that this might be a better place to hash out the details of the "complaint" to present a clearer argument.

If this topic should be placed elsewhere I apologize, but the intent is to Brainstorm and Trouble Shoot the problem so that it can be explained directly to the company the error as I (or we if people agree with me) see it  ;)

-The big selling point of Playmobil from the beginning was that your klicky could be anything, a cowboy, a construction worker, a fireman!

-Imagination was the heart of the toy line, years of veering away from that critical element of the toy line (be it by screen printing designs directly on the figures or the recent decision to have non-moveable legs on some fairies) left imagination almost completely out of the klickies themselves.

(and that is not even getting into the building systems, we talk about that a lot elsewhere :lol: )

-The innovation of easily interchangeable figures came along and once again, even though you have to change around some parts, a klicky can be ANYTHING and imagination is back in the line, but if the single best idea that the company has had in probably the last 15 years doesn't move beyond novelty toy counter packs into the regular line, what good does it really do?

Thoughts?
Someday, I will organize my stuff, I promise.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Unfortunately, it's more than just the frame - AFAIK, it's the combination of frame AND head that makes them so... poppable.

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
Right, but still, what would be the problem in making all klickies that way? They could still come assembled like they do in regular sets rather than dismantled, but just be easier to take apart and customize. I would have loved that as a kid!
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Baron Marshall

• Playmo Master
the old head are relatively easy to pop if they are inserted into a figures frame as well... not as easy as the new heads, but easy enough to do without whacking the poor klicky like a chocolate orange  :lol:
Someday, I will organize my stuff, I promise.

Online Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Geobra from the beginning sold the brand playmobil as a toy system. Everything worked with everything and was totally interchangeable. I really do not see why Geobra does not capitalize on this as they have all the elements to fully implement it into the full line. They have the system now to have all klickies "pop-able" by just using the rounded edged internal skeleton. Even the building system, be it stecks or system X could have been a fully implemented "system". Then there is the rock system that seems to be abandoned. There is also the plant system that I really hope Geobra does not abandon as well. My kids and I love creating large unique plants and trees.

As a wise older member once told me "Lego is eating playmobil's lunch every day" but I am starting to think not only is it lunch but breakfast and dinner as well. All Geobra gets is measly snacks. Yes snacks account for $500million but if the brand would stand up, take some initiative and push back on the Lego capitalists what could it be?

Unfortunately, it's more than just the frame - AFAIK, it's the combination of frame AND head that makes them so... poppable.

Geobra sold a yellow key for systemX and an orange key for the rock system so there is no reason why Geobra could not invent a simple klicky key that would assist in removing the sharper edged heads that were installed in a rounded edged skeleton.
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
One thing that occurs to me is, perhaps they feel no one will buy the mystery figures if all klickys are like that anyway.

You're right, there are systems for buildings, plants, rocks, and klickys. So why not stick to them and capitalize on the fact that everything is customizable. Market it that way, demonstrate it in every commercial. In fact, instead of having commercials for only one theme at a time, why not have commercials showing parts from lots of themes being combined, and advertising the brand itself and how interchangeable everything is.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Then there is the rock system that seems to be abandoned. There is also the plant system that I really hope Geobra does not abandon as well. My kids and I love creating large unique plants and trees.

Geobra sold a yellow key for systemX and an orange key for the rock system so there is no reason why Geobra could not invent a simple klicky key that would assist in removing the sharper edged heads that were installed in a rounded edged skeleton.

The Rockies aren't dead! Got some recent sets with them.. what was it? WWF and indians? Maybe...

As to such a "key" - personally, I never figured it out. If someone knows of how such a thing could be made, please share. I'd LOVE a simpler system, though mine has been working fine, with more or less hardship.

As to the klickys themselves, those skinny ones messed everything up, way farther than I thought... ARMS!? Come ON.

Online Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
I even envision an entire line of vehicles that are customizable. If a truck cab or bed was easily removable and could be changed with other trucks it would be a new vehicle system. It is similar to how the RC units fit into many diffrent vehicles. Then kids, and some adults could customize cars trucks and even boats. Now I seem to recall someone had the idea of classic ships that were sectional. If you wanted a 3 masted ship just add a mast section. Or if you wanted a 10 mast ship just add the sections.

Tahra the klicky key is very easy and would simply wedge the head out using the shoulders as the force point. The hard part is dealing with all the neck accessories but where there is a will there is a way.
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Tahra the klicky key is very easy and would simply wedge the head out using the shoulders as the force point. The hard part is dealing with all the neck accessories but where there is a will there is a way.

Well... I have the will... but never figured the way... And it would HAVE to deal with the neckpieces as well, like you said..

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
Go to say that personally I agree that it woudl certainly be a good idea and make a lot of sense to either make the figures themesleves easier to take apart or to produce a tool which can get the heads off easily without damaging the figures it would surely make the products much more appealing to kids and adults. It would certainly help people like me who for one reason or another aren't very good at taking Klickies apart in my case I think lack of strength and proper dexterity and probably technique as well  :-[ it's one of the reasons why I don't do much customising because I'm afraid of damaging the figures and that really is frustrating   :(. Surely it might also encourage them to release more body parts on their own as well to allow for further customisation but, that of course is no doubt just very wishful thinking

Unfortunately I guess that on the flip side of that then overall sales might go down if people can customise their own figures and therefore buy less sets which otherwise would have been bought simply for the Klickies.