Author Topic: Colorado Springs - Birdie's western town  (Read 8391 times)

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
Re: Colorado Springs - Birdie's western town
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2014, 17:39:56 »
It's already set aside for you! (now, please give me a reminder closer to the date - gods know my memory isn't what it used to be  :-[ )

Thanks, will do  :irish:

In Germany, I would say "schöööööön"!  ;)

Herzlichen Dank, Daniela!  :)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2014, 00:50:38 »
What a beautiful diorama, you've really got the feel of the era and place I think. Love your busy town, it looks just right. Thanks so much for posting it all for us to drool over.

Offline Georgeag1972

• Playmo Master
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2014, 10:41:59 »
Wonderful diorama and everything look so alive....... except those in the cemetery!! :lol:
Very nice scenes with many details!! You have awesome Western collection!!
Congratulations for this great job and many thanks for the sharing!!

George. :)

Your passion, is inspiration for us!!!!

Offline Cloud Strife

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2014, 18:57:11 »
Wow what an achievement.  You really have an adept hand at conveying mood and feeling just like in your other dioramas!  I love the ticket-seller momentarily putting down his newspaper to take care of a customer and also love the light blue double story bank.  Congrats and look forward to many more!

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2014, 07:20:18 »
Thanks so much for posting it all for us to drool over.

Thank you! I must say I enjoy sharing this with fellow collectors,  who are as excited about Playmobil as I am.

Actually, I just found out one of my friends actually owns some western sets, including the train, from when he was a boy. He came 'round to see the diorama and he really liked it. There's lot of hidden Playmobilfans out there, it seems  :)

Wonderful diorama and everything look so alive....... except those in the cemetery!! :lol:

Thanks, George  :)  Every western town needs a cemetery, right?

I love the ticket-seller momentarily putting down his newspaper to take care of a customer and also love the light blue double story bank.

Many thanks! That guy is actually working at the telegraph office, where they print the news paper too. Only problem: what to use as a telegraph and as a press? I didn't figure it out...
I actually found poles to use to have wires up for the telegraph office. In set 4482 (flower garden and shed) you get these brown plasticine bars, they look just like wooden logs. But I forgot to put them up, eventually  :)

Offline Georgeag1972

• Playmo Master
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2014, 19:55:56 »

Thanks, George  :)  Every western town needs a cemetery, right?

Of course Birdie and you made it very well!! ;)

George. :)
  Your passion, is inspiration for us!!!!

Offline customklick

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2014, 14:31:06 »
Everytime I look to this pictures I feel like an old western redneck, and I don't know why. Awesome work about Colorado Springs man.

I LOVE IT!!!!  :love:

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2014, 08:35:45 »
Thanks  :) 

It's all cleared away again. I'm planning my next town, it will be a modern one.

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2014, 04:28:09 »
What a magnificent diorama dear Birdie  :wave:

I am so busy with my own project that I often miss what is going on beyond the Storytelling section and what a wealth of wonderful little détails so lovingly and patiently put together  :love:

I have presented a few great Western dioramas in the thread dedicated to worldwide Playmobil exhibitions but should it be exhibited, yours would most definitely have its place there !

It is obvious that you gave this wonderful project so much thought and love in the planning and setting up !

And what is quite amazing is that after seeing many dioramas, I can now appreciate the difference between a diorama created by a Man or a Woman and there is definitely a feminine touch to this Western diorama which is adding a real charm to it  :love:

Karim
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2014, 05:09:32 »
Thank you very much, Karim!  :thanks: