Author Topic: New licensed themes Playmobil 2019!!!  (Read 7774 times)

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
Re: New licensed themes Playmobil 2019!!!
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2019, 11:35:32 »
There is a market for adult collectibles, but it is interesting that they are going back that far. Skipping millennials and going straight for the boomer/gen-x crowd.

I'm say the Ghostbusters and Back to the Future straddle Gen-X/Millennials - I'm a millennial and I would definitely associated those movies with my youth. I was too young to see either of them at the cinema, but they would both have been shown as 'big' Christmas movies in the early 90s. Baby Boomers would be at least 20 when those movies came out.

They could buy the license and re-release those blatant Indianna Jones sets they made a few years ago (though I suppose the Nazi element would make them a 'real' version taboo)

I'm slightly curious as to what they'll make for s BTTF theme, beyond the car and the figures. But I love that 50s woman they made, so anything along those lines would be great!

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2019, 20:02:08 »
Funny that Ghostbusters, Scooby Doo and BTTF licences were all owned by Lego in past few years  - maybe it was a kind of ‘bargain bin’ kind of deal for Playmobil, who knows? Looking forward to Heidi most. The CGI cartoon and the franchise in general is quite big among kids in continental Europe. Same with Maya the bee. Both of them cartoons I used to watch 40 years ago. Vic the Viking would would be a good licence to get, I think. They still show the cartoons in the morning in Belgium.

Ghostbusters and the rest, aimed mostly at American Gen Xrs, who really lapped up the Ghostbusters sets. Even those who wouldn’t know Playmobil from the Popemobile.
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2019, 22:32:16 »
I'm say the Ghostbusters and Back to the Future straddle Gen-X/Millennials - I'm a millennial and I would definitely associated those movies with my youth. I was too young to see either of them at the cinema, but they would both have been shown as 'big' Christmas movies in the early 90s. Baby Boomers would be at least 20 when those movies came out.

They could buy the license and re-release those blatant Indianna Jones sets they made a few years ago (though I suppose the Nazi element would make them a 'real' version taboo)

I'm slightly curious as to what they'll make for s BTTF theme, beyond the car and the figures. But I love that 50s woman they made, so anything along those lines would be great!

Yeah, they were definitely still played well into the 90's, so the upper end of the millennials would remember them. And I do vaguely, but I think of them as family movies that appealed more to the adults at the time than the small children. I'm sure it varies quite a bit by family and age, but my dad would be way more interested in these sets than me, lol. Heidi, outside of the cartoon that hasn't hit these parts,... that's a stretch even for boomers.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2019, 16:16:12 »
Back to the Future klickys? Heavy!

;D

Offline tigana123

• Playmo Fanatic
  • Chief Architect
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2019, 12:04:46 »
Note that a new Ghostbusters movie - a sequel to the original two films - is under way !!!

https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a25932803/ghostbusters-3-release-date-trailer-cast-plot/

Offline mi-chi

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2019, 16:13:10 »
Looking forward to Heidi most. The CGI cartoon and the franchise in general is quite big among kids in continental Europe. Same with Maya the bee. Both of them cartoons I used to watch 40 years ago.
Same here - I am very much looking forward to geobra's take on that one. Ghostbusters and the other movies I have never seen.
Cheers
Michael

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2019, 19:31:56 »
Same here - I am very much looking forward to geobra's take on that one. Ghostbusters and the other movies I have never seen.

Well.. I like the Dragons one - dragons AND vikings =  :love: :love:

And though I like the Back To The Future movies.. well... what's THAT gonna be?

I loved Heidi as a small cub, but don't see anything that they could do that doesn't exist now.... Except maybe an ancient wheelchair?

ScoobyDoo was funny SOMETIMES (the old cartoons), but now... like ghostbusters.. meh. (except those hellhounds, of course!)

Offline Redmao

• Playmo Lover
  • Playmo adventurer
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2019, 19:53:01 »
For the Scooby Doo license, new hair for the characters would be cool, but I think it has the potential for bringing new monsters and new masks for our klickies.
If the Ecto-1 is any indicator, the Mystery Machine will be a cool ride.

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2019, 21:36:26 »
The Heidi cartoons are not only about the mountains apparently, some sets could indeed be a "small" revival of the Victorian theme:

https://youtu.be/GfLHOcyyBmE?t=139

Looking forward to it!
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2019, 21:44:26 »
The Heidi cartoons are not only about the mountains apparently, some sets could indeed be a "small" revival of the Victorian theme:

https://youtu.be/GfLHOcyyBmE?t=139

Looking forward to it!

If I recall.. Heidi went to her... cousin's home (??) in town... Here she was named "Clara" - the other girl (in a wheelchair!) - I think... So there WAS a town..

And an old woman. But that was like.. over 40 years ago, probably? So, my memories are... fuzzy.  :P