Author Topic: 4323 truck and trailer  (Read 12713 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: 4323 truck and trailer
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2011, 22:14:03 »
Lastly, looking at the truck we'll see the process for unloading the container body.

First, the truck parked:

The support legs on the container are pulled clear:

Here's the extra photo showing the support legs in the unlocked position before being lowered.  There are photos of the locking mechanism later on.

Then the support legs are lowered down:

before finally being brought in contact with the ground:

allowing the truck to drive away:

leaving the container standing:

« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 20:50:03 by playmofire »
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2011, 22:16:32 »
Good question! The radio control unit is sold separately, so that's not a factor. Maybe they consider it being four large units at $23.00 each. The truck tractor with removeable container being the first & second units & the detachable trailer with removeable container being the third & forth units.
Maybe, but $90 is still less than £70 and the USA is 3,000 miles further from Zirndorf than the UK is, so you're getting a bargain.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2011, 22:25:05 »
Now onto the trailer, starting with two photos of the trailer chassis:

I don't seem to have one form the rear, so I'll take one tomorrow and post it.

Now, the trailer chassis with the container on front view:

rear view:

and side view:

The container can be offloaded in the same way as from the truck itself.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2011, 22:31:42 »
It's a bit of a disappointment that there is only one palette and one packing case with the set, although extras and the cage palette can be bought from DS.  The container takes two palettes end on across the container, which leaves a space for other cargo.  (I've got some photos of the container loaded which I'll sort out and post later next week.)  An extensive set of stickers for the packing case comes with the set.

Edit:  I was wrong - it takes three palettes and there is then room for two of the crates here one on top of the other:

http://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showpart.pl?partnum=30-22-9330

See a later post for a photo.

The separate parts:

view 1 showing the stickers:

view 2 showing the stickers:

spare stickers:

Another break and then I'll finish the review.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 20:16:39 by playmofire »

Offline Playmoholics

• Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2011, 22:58:47 »
Beautiful pictures! Very thorough  :thanks:
Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive and go do it. Because what the world needs is more people who have come alive – Howard Thurman.
I need Playmobil! 

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2011, 23:04:01 »
Maybe, but $90 is still less than £70 and the USA is 3,000 miles further from Zirndorf than the UK is, so you're getting a bargain.

Mileage is not the issue as much as nearly $100.00 including tax for a plastic toy! I agree with Chris, that some of Playmobil's prices are a little far fetched with no justification!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2011, 23:05:14 »
Thank you for the excellent review, Gordon! Very well done!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2011, 23:14:50 »
Let's start summing up with a photo of the truck and trailer together:

Overall, I'm very pleased with the set, especially as I bought it at a good price about £20 below the standard price.  It's only when you open the box that you realise just how big and impressive the set is with the striking colour scheme and impressive printing on the container sides.  The steel coloured wheels are a neat detail touch, too, and will no doubt be used more on other heavy vehicles (they made a second appearance on the 4820 and 4821 fire engines).  With the sleeper cabin and the detachable container there is lots of play value, especially if you also own a forklift truck for loading and unloading.  As a bonus for the fire fans, the red hub caps look very smart on the new fire engines see photo later on, while with a bit of repainting the whole unit would make an excellent major incident support unit.  However, the set is now discontinued, although there may still be some in the shops especially where the set is only dropped this year.  If you can't find one, then just the truck is available through DS.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 20:17:53 by playmofire »

Offline baden-wurttemberg

• Firefighter Enthusiast
  • Playmo Master
    • http://stores.ebay.com/Baden-Wurttemberg
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2011, 23:15:22 »
Thank you for the wonderful review Gordon! Beautiful pictures! I actually have this set and its such a wonderful truck!  :love: Very glad you were able to get one too!  :)

Baden  :wave:
Take every chance you get in life, because some things only happen once.

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2011, 23:18:48 »
Wow! Great set! Thank you for a, as always, great detailed review Gordon! I have o tell you that I am tempted very much in getting one myself...

I believe my biggest local toy store still has a couple of these trucks... maybe...