Author Topic: 6694- Super4 Dark Colossus REVIEW  (Read 2248 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: 6694- Super4 Dark Colossus REVIEW
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2015, 13:27:25 »
Thanks for a fantastic review  ;D

Sadly I agree  :( Although, if they are really aiming towards 4 to 6 year-olds, then I guess this makes sense.

Though one would hope they would come up with something better than this recycled fantasy junk.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2015, 13:58:11 »
Thanks for the details :)

Pic C04: the belt is a loose part and can be removed (didn't try that either)

But not compatible with the troll, right?

Are his arm movements the same as a normal klicky? Forwards and back, rotation of the wrist, nothing else?
'Spreading the arms' would be correct in English. Can the troll do that? (We are saving our Troll for Christmas and I haven't read a review of him yet :-[)

Yes he can! I think there was more than one review - I know I did: LINK

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2015, 18:03:24 »
The post on the shield is too large for klicky hands, so a klicky can't hold the shield.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2015, 19:37:58 »
Yes he can! I think there was more than one review - I know I did: LINK

Thanks for that, Tahra. I can see how the troll can spread his arms, thanks to the second pic of your post, which shows the joints clearly. Perhaps I should prise open our box and have a surreptitious play....

Christmas morning: "Oh dear, children, this box seems to have been opened already, it must have been one of Santa's helpers, naughty elf!"
"Oh dad, Give it a rest, you know we don't believe in Santa any more! And we all know who has the Playmobil obsession in this family, don't we?"
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2015, 19:48:10 »
Thanks for that, Tahra. I can see how the troll can spread his arms, thanks to the second pic of your post, which shows the joints clearly. Perhaps I should prise open our box and have a surreptitious play....

Christmas morning: "Oh dear, children, this box seems to have been opened already, it must have been one of Santa's helpers, naughty elf!"
"Oh dad, Give it a rest, you know we don't believe in Santa any more! And we all know who has the Playmobil obsession in this family, don't we?"

:lmao: Right!

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2015, 21:00:40 »
Though one would hope they would come up with something better than this recycled fantasy junk.
This sort of one piece low detailed toy is something I'd expect to see in a cheap toy set from China. The quality of the plastic is superior here but the knight is dumbed-down rubbish. It should have the same level of articulation as the gorilla or troll.
The helmet doesn't even come off, it's in this stupid squat position, almost no articulation. This is a massive retrograde step for playmobil, I'd expect to see this in 1-2-3 if anywhere, not the main range. I can find similar looking stuff in any bargain bin - it doesn't even look like playmobil. Easily the worst set in the super 4 range.

I think it's a shame because the rest of the sets are really good so I don't understand why they went with this thing that looks like a budget generic knight toy.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 21:06:34 by Klickteryx »

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2015, 06:28:19 »
I agree it is COMPLETELY not playmolike. At all.

Offline Erik

• Playmobil crusader / Toyhunter
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2015, 12:50:45 »
I agree it is COMPLETELY not playmolike. At all.

Like I said : Fisher-Price.   :'(
The most valiant knights are made of German plastic!!!