Author Topic: Playmobil launches reuseable "nose-mouth mask"  (Read 3262 times)

Offline klickyklack

• Playmo Lover
    • klickyklack (IG)
Playmobil launches reuseable "nose-mouth mask"
« on: April 10, 2020, 16:17:10 »
From here

PLAYMOBIL launches reusable “nose-mouth mask”
PRESS RELEASE - 10 APRIL 2020 10:30

PLAYMOBIL launches reusable “nose-mouth mask”
FacebookLinkedInTwitterDownload as PDF
Brandstätter Group develops reusable mask to reduce the risk of droplet infections / The material is durable, resource-saving and easy to clean

Zirndorf, April 2020 - The corona crisis has given the impetus. The Brandstätter Group uses its own plastics expertise and will shortly launch the first reusable “PLAYMOBIL nose and mouth mask”. As of Tuesday (April 14th, 2020) it can be ordered internationally via the company's online shop. This mask reduces the risk of infecting other people with a droplet infection.

After the Brandstätter Group initially supplied its employees with masks worldwide, the article is now to be offered to all interested people. The mask is initially available for 4.99 euros in direct sales. From the sale of a mask, one euro each goes to the Corona Emergency Aid Fund of the German Red Cross - in addition to the existing charity campaign "Heroes of the Everyday", with which PLAYMOBIL is already supporting the work of this organization against the corona virus.

The production of the first reusable “PLAYMOBIL nose and mouth mask” has been in full swing since April 7th. This enables the company to keep pace with developments quickly. New injection molding tools for the complex mold design for this article were created in record time. Politicians are currently discussing whether a general mask requirement can help slow the spread of the virus in the future. At the same time, doctors, healthcare companies and business are complaining massively that masks are an absolute scarce commodity and practically out of stock worldwide. The “nose-mouth mask” can make a contribution to this.

Important notes on use
The wearer inserts a fresh filter element into the mask before each use. Different absorbent materials can be used as filters - for example a standard paper handkerchief. 10 handkerchiefs are included with the article and offer material for 40 filters. The mask must not be used without a filter and, for hygienic reasons, only in the cleaned state. When putting on the mask, make sure that the nose and mouth are completely covered. The mask is fixed with a rubber band so that it cannot slip even with fast movements. But also when wearing the mask, all hygiene regulations such as the safety distance of at least 1.5 meters from other people must be observed. The mask should be thoroughly cleaned with hot water and washing-up liquid at the latest after 10 hours. The filter element must be removed before cleaning.

The reusable nose-mouth mask can be used from 14.04. can be ordered at: www.playmobil / mask.com .

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: Playmobil launches reuseable "nose-mouth mask"
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2020, 17:20:18 »
I SO want this. Hope it's available here.

Every human in my family will be getting one, for sure!

:love:

edit:  www.playmobil/mask.com   ::)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 18:18:05 by tahra »

Offline klickyklack

• Playmo Lover
    • klickyklack (IG)
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2020, 17:32:28 »
I SO want this. Hope it's available here.

Every human in my family will be getting one, for sure!

:love:

Same! I love them for doing this.  I really hope to get a few too.

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2020, 23:19:24 »
Hmm...
Mixed feelings about this.

Is it or children or for adults? They lauch it as "Playmobil", so is it a toy? Why not e.g. "Lechuza FFPX sanitary mask"?
Did it go through clinical testing? Has it been approved by experts? If yes, what protection-grade label did it get?
They say one has to use paper-handkerchiefs to cut out filters to put in the mask... That doesn´t seem very protective to me!

Also, the price... 5 euros a piece, of which they say they´ll donate 1 euro to the German Red Cross.
So this can´t be regarded as a kind of charity action. Could it be regarded as a toy-company using the present crisis-situation and it´s brandname to make profits?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 23:24:32 by Hadoque »

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline PMatt

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2020, 07:14:59 »
Hmm...

I am no expert, but shouldn't such a face mask require a seal in order to function properly?

Offline klickyklack

• Playmo Lover
    • klickyklack (IG)
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2020, 12:19:06 »
Hmm...

Is it or children or for adults? They lauch it as "Playmobil", so is it a toy? Why not e.g. "Lechuza FFPX sanitary mask"?
Did it go through clinical testing? Has it been approved by experts? If yes, what protection-grade label did it get?
They say one has to use paper-handkerchiefs to cut out filters to put in the mask... That doesn´t seem very protective to me!

Also, the price... 5 euros a piece, of which they say they´ll donate 1 euro to the German Red Cross.
So this can´t be regarded as a kind of charity action. Could it be regarded as a toy-company using the present crisis-situation and it´s brandname to make profits?

I am no expert, but shouldn't such a face mask require a seal in order to function properly?

I would hope that if anyone wanted/needed more info about the masks, they would be open to providing it OR have info available when they are listed for sale.  I'd be interested to know more too if more info is made available

I'm a pretty cynical person generally.  The fact that they made these first for their employees - well, they could have just got some generic masks that would have provided minimum protection.  I'm not sure why they would go to all this trouble JUST to cash in on a crisis.

As far as a seal, there was nothing in their post as far as comparisons or claims with other masks (such as N95s).  Seeing as they started out making this for their own workers, you would think they would have some health & safety data as far as what this mask is comparable with. 

So many people i know have been making & wearing cloth masks, because in theory, they are better than nothing in certain environments, & at least these are easily washable & can have the filters switched out easily.  You'd hope that they would provide *some* information about what could be used as filters, & how much protection they provide, however, I would assume this is for general use by the public, not for people who're really should be wearing higher protection as part of their job (such as healthcare workers, not that all the people who need it have the right/correct/adequate PPE)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2020, 12:19:24 »
Waiting... here there's talk of mask use being mandatory. But there are no masks...  I WANT these.

Offline klickyklack

• Playmo Lover
    • klickyklack (IG)
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2020, 19:36:06 »
Waiting... here there's talk of mask use being mandatory. But there are no masks...  I WANT these.

Did you get some tahra?  I wish there was more info available about them, but I wanted one regardless & family wanted a couple too, so I got mine ( UK link )

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2020, 19:57:43 »
Did you get some tahra?  I wish there was more info available about them, but I wanted one regardless & family wanted a couple too, so I got mine ( UK link )

yep. for every human in the house.

We will see... if they keep the deadlines, it should be delievered late next week...

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2020, 21:19:52 »

Well, apparently unavailable in the de site due to high demand.. From ours (and the UK) it just disappeared.