Author Topic: The Making of : Summer Garden Party on Regent St  (Read 199440 times)

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
Re: The Making of : Summer Garden Party on Regent St
« Reply #2550 on: August 15, 2022, 08:50:13 »
Welcome to Mrs Applepie's Summer Patisserie !

Mrs Applepie is delighted to welcome you in her patisserie decorated to the colors and scents of summer with colorful and yummy strawberries, cherries, cupcakes and ice cream garlands. Welcome to her kingdom of yumminess  :love:

Karim :chef:
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #2551 on: August 15, 2022, 09:06:56 »

La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #2552 on: August 15, 2022, 09:45:51 »

Strawberries garlands created by Beate @kleineartchin ( ETSY )

Patisserie signs created by Rebecca @pinxistudio ( ETSY )

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #2553 on: August 16, 2022, 11:28:35 »
Welcome to the kingdom of Mrs Applepie's gluttony  :love: !

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #2554 on: August 16, 2022, 13:17:11 »
On a beautiful summer afternoon at Mrs Applepie's Patisserie !

I wish you all a very happy end of summer  :love:

Offline Eplay

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #2555 on: August 16, 2022, 17:26:56 »
That waitress is lovely  :)

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #2556 on: August 16, 2022, 17:45:05 »
Thank you dear Elise  :wave:

I am so happy that you are enjoying and commenting on my scenes.

This lovely figure has been part of my collection since the beginning of my Regent St tales and I like her too very much  :love:

Karim :gent:

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #2557 on: August 26, 2022, 06:53:14 »
Good morning dear Friends  :wave:

I hope that you are all well.

After a hell of a summer with heatwaves and an historic drought, Marlow has finally welcome rain back home after 2 months with great relief.

The activity at the hotel where I work was so frantic borderline infernal all summer long and I am really looking forward to finally enjoying sometime off next week, my first break since March.

In this year so special to me, I find happiness in Life's simple pleasures such as the set of New Regent St, visiting the lovely Marlow Garden Centre with its little cafeteria and its cappucinos, homemade cakes and classic afternoon teas. I have looked after my little garden here everyday and it bravely survived the heat and the drought.

I invite you to discover the latest adventures of my little victorians with the presentation of Miss Charlotte Heywood from the Sanditon ITV / PBS TV series inspired by Jane Austen novel followed by the practically perfect Mary Poppins and finally the unsinkable Molly Brown who survived the Titanic sinking.
Je vais en debut de semaine celebrer les derniers jours de l'ete avec une petite fete gourmande orchestree par la talentueuse Mrs Applepie a laquelle vous etes tous invites.

I wish you all a happy back to work for the adults and back to school for the kids.

Sanditon

Sanditon based an unfinished manuscript by Jane Austen, tells the story and adventures of young woman, Charlotte Heywood as she settles in a little sea resort promised to a brilliant future thanks to its architect and makes her own experience of life through meeting people such as Georgiana Lambe, the wealthy heiress of a Caribbean plantation..

A TV serie which I warmly recommend you with a season 1 available on DVD and a season 2 being shown now on TV both in England and the USA. A little anecdote about Sanditon is that the production did not plan a second serie and it is thanks to its legion of fans around the world and especially in the USA that the serie's future was saved for our great enjoyment  :love:

Miss Charlotte Heywood

Miss Charlotte Heywood & Miss Georgiana Lambe

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #2558 on: August 26, 2022, 10:11:13 »
Mary Poppins !

What do we really know about Mary Poppins? Yes many of us have read the book or seen the film but who was she ?

Created by P L Travers, Mary Poppins was based on her austere Great aunt Ellie. A direct, straight talking woman that had a hard almost polished stone like exterior; yet underneath the pomp and pageantry there lay a soft beautiful soul, the keeper of many adventures and loves won and lost.

Prone to breaking out into rhyme or song, she would often be heard chastising, directing or even rewarding her beloved dogs or children and they loved her - like a moth to the flame they were captivated.

As Mary Poppins would say, Spit Spot, Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, Winds in the East, Mist Coming in and not forgetting, There’s The Whole World at Your Feet. And that my dear is why we love Mary Poppins  :love:

Karim

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #2559 on: August 26, 2022, 11:19:17 »
The Unsinkable Molly Brown !

Margaret Brown later known as "The Unsinkable Molly Brown", was an American socialite and humanitarian. Having great wealth acquired through mining and a regular traveller to Europe; it was on April 1912, while in France she heard that her grandson was ill so decided to take the first available ship, the RMS Titanic, back to the United States.

As a Titanic survivor she used her business acumen and strong will to help other survivors and to bring to the for the rights of women, education for children, and to commemorate the bravery and chivalry displayed by the men aboard the Titanic.

Margaret may have been a wealthy woman, however she understood that integrity, honesty and wisdom were far more precious. As she once said "Money can't make a man or woman . . . It isn't who you are, nor what you have, but what you are that counts." !  :love: