Author Topic: 6761 1-2-3 racing car  (Read 3422 times)

Offline socrates

• Geobra Gourmet
  • Playmo Master
6761 1-2-3 racing car
« on: August 29, 2010, 20:25:52 »
Hi folks! Two reviews on one day seems very scary for me, but this one I had up for weeks already, and as I devoted the whole day to playmobil anyway, I thought I could just put down this mini-review as well...

I start to like playmo 1-2-3 more and more. Its fun to hold these nice playmo-like figures in the hand, and I think I will collect a box of those to have it here for small children visiting...

This box I bought for a wedding present. The couple already has a small boy and they saved money for a car, so the idea was to take a symbolic present for the small one and decorate the box somewhat with the money for the car...
...based on this I got home with my first 1-2-3 set ever bought.

It comes in a blister (on the picture you see only the finished wedding present) and includes to figures, a tow truck and a racing car...
"Just living is not enough," said the butterfly, "one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower."
— Hans Christian Andersen

Offline socrates

• Geobra Gourmet
  • Playmo Master
Re: 6761 1-2-3 racing car
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2010, 20:29:36 »
As for all these sets, everything is kept rather simple, but I liked especially the concept of the tow truck. The truck's trailer can tilt, so that the car can go up. It is held by moulds in which the wheels fit in.
I like it, because it is a very clever way to provide a tricky mechanism in a still very robust toy. There are really no small parts involved and I like this very much.
It was even fun for me to play with this mechanism.  :P
"Just living is not enough," said the butterfly, "one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower."

Offline socrates

• Geobra Gourmet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2010, 20:35:37 »
Another nice feature is the fact that 1-2-3 is downward compatible.

We discussed this here before, but you can really use the 1-2-3 cars with normal playmobil.

I couldn't believe this by myself, so I tried. And what can I say, it is not quite as comfortable as the ordinary playmo-cars and you have to get used by the fact that there is no steering wheel, but then again the 1-2-3 klickies dont have moveble arms anyway...  ;)

During this review I got two new friends and learned a lot about driving a race car without using my arms at all.  8-)

Well, I had a lot of fun with this set and I guess small kids would have fun with it as well.

I am always a little bit disturbed by the 1-2-3 part in the catalogues, but it is a descent and well-thought toddler toy, and I can only recommend these sets as give-aways to families with kids in the pre-playmo age. :)

best,
socrates

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2010, 21:01:57 »
Thank you for that  great review, Amir.  I've often looked at 1-2-3 and thought how well designed it was and sometimes wondered - shall I go along the 1-2-3 route? - but I've always decided not to.  However, with a lovely great niece of 4 months  there's an opportunity to follow up.   (My great nephew at 2 is already past the 1-2-3 age in his toys.)

PS:  it must have been pretty scarey for your driving a car with no steering wheel!   :lol:
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline socrates

• Geobra Gourmet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2010, 21:24:39 »
PS:  it must have been pretty scarey for your driving a car with no steering wheel!   :lol:

Well, yeah, you can see my sweaty fingers on this picture pretty well. ;)

best,
socrates

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2010, 22:32:14 »
Ah these are really cute!! Thaks for the review!!!

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2010, 00:11:37 »
Nice review. Some of the 1-2-3 sets are really fun. I like the animals though they are simpler and more stylized than the regular Playmobil ones. The recent police helicopter and it's predecessor the fire one are based on the 1-2-3 helicopter, or on the same prototype.

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2010, 09:41:15 »
Great review, Socrates :wave:

I love 123, and have a few sets, although I don't go out of my way to buy them - just what comes with regular Playmo joblots

this set sure looks great fun for a little one, and I love the pics of your avatar trying it out! :lol:

Damo :)

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2010, 10:48:15 »
Thank you for a great review Amir.   :wow:
I've only recently discovered 123 and must say I am very impressed with it.  I bought some for my great nieces and nephew as an introduction to Playmobil and this racing car would make another great present for them.
I bought a few pieces including the jigsaws for the play area at our exhibition.  I quite fancy getting the train set next!

Elaine

A house is not a home without a cat (or two).