Author Topic: Sea diving expedition sets  (Read 10691 times)

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
Sea diving expedition sets
« on: January 03, 2011, 18:29:39 »
So, friends!, here are the 2 sets that I bought.
First let's start with set number 4473, Research Submarine.

I love this set. As I said before it is almost perfect.

the design is very well done, from shape to colors, from clickies to features.
The clear bubble cockpit is awesome and very realistic. The battery motor is very well adjusted to the general design and it does feel as part of the submarine. This does not happen in the rest of the water vehicles.
The details are really great.
The motor detaches joined to those tray-like things on the sides. Those are made of metal as well as the "tanks" on the belly of the submarine. Of course they are meant to sink the ship.

The top part or roof if you will can be taken off to insert the clickies. There is not much room in there but that is realistic too. It has a clear window to look inside. The roof is locked in place by the "triangular" piece that rotates permitting to take off or to lock the roof.
The submarine has two lateral rotating propeller, two movable front lights and two working arms. Again all this great to play.
The inside is narrow, just enough room for the clickies to sit. In here I see a flaw. There is no stickers for the console. I guess it is because the cockpit gets full of water when diving.... and that is the other flaw. I wish it wouldn't.

The arms have grabbing hands, very cool too for playing.

The clickies are excellent. I love the clothe design and colors. The only silly thing I didn't like is the girl's white ribbon. I just don't find that necessaryfor a scientist  :lol: :lol:

In my opinion the best modern life set that I've ever bought.
Gaston

...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
Re: Sea diving expedition sets
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 19:52:24 »
I agree, Gaston! The details are fantastic! Have you noticed how heavy it is? :o Thank you for this excellent review!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 19:58:34 »
Great review Gaston! It certainly looks a great vehicle and quite close to the real thing!! I love the metal details....
Since I finally got hold of a 4469 exploration ship this could be my mext addition  ;) Very helpful review indeed!!
The catalogue shows a pump included for the submarine submerging and emerging... it is any easy to show us that as well please?

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 20:00:55 »
Here is the other one. Set 4489 Research boat with whale.

this is an unique set, for it has an unique clickie. the whale!

Again the design and color scheme is really good! The size of the whale is very realistic too.

The clickie is gorgeous. It is simple and I love it. Colors go well together and the hat, vest and features are great!
The boat is simple but really nice too. Even when pretty basic colors are used it doesn't look childish to me.

But the star of the set is the whale. It is huge and very nicely design. Only thing I don't like is the gap between the 2 molded pieces that form the body.

the mouth opens and when you submerge it, bubbles come out from the hole on the top of the head (don't know it's name)

Now a few pictures to show you it's size compared to a clickie.

The kid in me would say that the best part is that you can fit 5 clickies inside!!!  :lol: :lol: :lol: So it could eat people!!!!!!!!!!   :yippee: :yippee: :yippee:

...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2011, 20:02:45 »
I agree, Gaston! The details are fantastic! Have you noticed how heavy it is? :o Thank you for this excellent review!
yes Bill thanx, I forgot. It is really heavy due to the metal parts, meant to sink it.
I haven't tried it in the water yet. It comes with a pump to go up and down in the water! MUST BE COOL!!!
Did you try it?

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2011, 20:11:36 »
Great review on the whale set too Gaston!! Lovely creatures whale!! So awesome and beautiful!
I agree that playmobil should have come up with a method for these lines not to be visible!!
It must be fun submerging it and have the water come out of the rostrum! Very realistic!!!
Thanks for measuring the whale by klicky length  ;) very clever!
The opening mouth is a great addition too!!! This whale could actually be used for a Moby Dick diorama!!!

Online playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2011, 20:18:55 »
Great review, Gaston; thank you.

The submarine really looks the job, although I'm not sure that my wife, a science graduate, would appreciate your fashion comments! Edit: and keeping long hair out of the way (man's or woman's) is safe practice.

The whale, is superb.  The hole in the head is the blow hole through which it ejects water.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 22:28:04 by playmofire »
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2011, 20:49:07 »
I want that whale set soooo bad! :hissyfit: Now I want it even more, thanks, Gaston! :lol: BTW, I've never put mine in water yet!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 21:17:28 by Bill Blackhurst »
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2011, 21:41:19 »
Thanks for the reviews, Gaston. That whale is absolutely awesome!! I've been trying to decide if I should get it and the answer is now definitely YES!!!  The fact that it can swallow klickys seals it for me!  :lol:

The submergible... whatchamacallit is really great, too! I'm thinking Titanic re-enactment...
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2011, 23:36:15 »
Great review Gaston! It certainly looks a great vehicle and quite close to the real thing!! I love the metal details....
Since I finally got hold of a 4469 exploration ship this could be my mext addition  ;) Very helpful review indeed!!
The catalogue shows a pump included for the submarine submerging and emerging... it is any easy to show us that as well please?
Panos, sorry I just read that.
You mean with photographs?? NO problem... but I can't do till next week.... wedding is on the way.... too close in fact!   8} 8} If you can wait I'll gladly do it.