Author Topic: long brown poles for klicky hands  (Read 1343 times)

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
long brown poles for klicky hands
« on: August 22, 2012, 07:51:15 »
I remember searching for 6 foot poles for my (Robin Hood's)Merry men years back but now thay are available from even the latest Series 3 orange-shirted Shao-Lin monk Fi?ure.

Can anyone help me find even longer poles for a Chinese peasant army I'm building? I was thinking of cutting the 3 horizontal poles from the old PM animal fences but hope someone can identify longer poles from any other PM parts (please check for tight fit in a klicky's hand and measure the maximum length possible,
thanks playmofriends!

Cheng

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
Re: long brown poles for klicky hands
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 08:12:21 »
Maybe cauldron poles (from nativity sets and some of the native american sets)? They would have to hold it on the thicker end. They're 4.5 inches.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 08:23:27 by Ismene »

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 22:26:38 »
Those poles that Ismene suggested would be great for your customs, I think.

For the Robin Hood characters, you'd need something shorter to be used as a staff though. :-\

~Pynedor~

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2012, 00:35:20 »
thanks very much Ismene!! like Pynedor says, its exactly what my peasant army needs (and rounded tips for my own safety if I dont cut off the tip along with those 2 'rings' (I often squeeze my head into my PM shelves looking for parts that have dropped between my soldiers :P)

hope I dont sound too picky Ismene,
but you probably mean the klicky hand can't hold it like a soldier on guard with outstretched and level arm in front with the thicker end resting on the floor?

and can you also tell me what set this lady comes from? I need her blue skirt for my peasants :P

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2012, 07:35:51 »
hope I dont sound too picky Ismene,
but you probably mean the klicky hand can't hold it like a soldier on guard with outstretched and level arm in front with the thicker end resting on the floor?

It's possible, but it's not a tight fit. For a display, it would be okay, but the poll will slide if you pick the klicky up.

She's from the original dollhouse 5300, and they also sold the family separately, but I don't remember the number of that one. The nanny in 5502 has the blue skirt with tan shoes.

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2012, 01:14:53 »
thanks for the details Ismene! :love:
will check playmoDb when its running again

...many thanks Heather, wherever you are today...we'll hold on ;D....playmoing might slowly grind to a halt without your PlaymoDb much longer ;)

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2012, 10:05:15 »
No problem! The poles should still be in production, but the lady isn't, unless there's a similar klicky in one of the newer sets.