Author Topic: drum harness & Taiko drums  (Read 5012 times)

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
Re: drum harness & Taiko drums
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2011, 14:39:27 »
THey are from two different 3732 sets ... not from one  ::)

thanks again WK! me too...I thought otherwise :P maybe we speak different English :P so its clear now...

last question WK, if you have the parts and time, can you compare the sizes of this old half-drum with the newer aboriginal drum and the old anvil base only if its convenient to :)

Offline Baron Marshall

• Playmo Master
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2011, 14:47:34 »
no i meant the drum/pedestal the green animal trainer pedestal is in fact identical to the drum... except that it is cast in olive green plastic. :)

this part (the drum/pedestal) may still be available
Someday, I will organize my stuff, I promise.

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2011, 15:27:06 »
Baron, thanks again!!!
now I see it! (i only looked at the green drawing and it looked different and small but looking at the box photos blown up, I can see they come from the same mould!)

these green pedestals can be sprayed brown if I fail to find those old drums....they do look much wider, being able to accomodate a tiger...now if WK can show us a photo with the drum side-by-side with the newer (maybe much smaller) aboriginal drum...I hope its at least 50% bigger in diameter :) ;)

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2011, 15:44:16 »
now if WK can show us a photo with the drum side-by-side with the newer (maybe much smaller) aboriginal drum...I hope its at least 50% bigger in diameter :) ;)

We do have communication problems today  :lol: Which is the newer aboriginal drum you refer to? because all these drums (the one in 3328, 3569, 3732, and the green one from the circus set) are all from the same mould. They are exactly the same. Or do you perhaps mean this one? 30 62 9470 - Drum top this is actually totally different from the indian ones, smaller, and comprised of two parts. There is an indian one based on this mould too.

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2011, 16:03:31 »
Arggghh so much confusing drum talk!!!! 8} 8} 8}

I'l be hearing drums in my sleep tonight! 8} 8} 8}

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Damo :)

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2011, 16:31:55 »
sorry Damo ;D(like i said...some readers will get bonkers 8}over these chatter of ours)

yes WK, I meant to compare size between these big indian drums with the zebra skin aboriginal drum...50% longer diameter at least I hope ;)

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2011, 16:47:18 »
Damo: I love drums http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_kloG2Z7tU  :lol: :lol: :lol:

cheng, the only drum I have available is in the funpark diorama so I can't measure it, and the other one is still in a sealed box... somewhere in the MIB sets... But yes the aboriginal drum fits in this old indian drum. I doubt I have another free but I'll have a look around.

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2011, 16:52:07 »
I have both the drum (single one) and the clown's drum and harness - I have tried to take photos from different angles...

I don't have a spare indian drum, but the clown's drum and harness is spare as I don't have the drumstick for it and have a 2 complete ones that I use in my circus, so you are very welcome to it cheng if you can use it.

Elaine
          A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2011, 17:32:14 »
Oh goodness, it's different! :-[

Damo: I love drums http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_kloG2Z7tU  :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I hadn't seen that one before! ;D

Damo :)

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2011, 18:04:01 »
Me either! I love Mr. Bean. :love:
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.