Author Topic: question about value  (Read 3222 times)

Offline matchboxluc

• custom master
  • Playmo Lover
  • seventies lover
question about value
« on: January 01, 2006, 17:04:52 »
Hi,

Not that I want to sell them, but I was wondering about the value of my remaining Playmobil catalogues as shown in the pictures. There are 15 from 1983 till 1989. They are from the lot that I got at the mega fair a while ago (they are about half of the lot and the more interesting half I'd say). I sold the rest, which were newer or damaged(from 1990 to 2002 plus a few damaged older ones). I was surprised that those went off for around €45.... :o . Those were the less interesting ones in my eyes, which makes me wonder what these could do.....
By the way, I didn't mentioned it before, but I got the whole lot at the fair for a staggering €5.....
phantasy is in the mind, realisation is in my hands!

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
Re: question about value
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2006, 15:51:39 »
It seems to me that the collectability of old catalogues is steadily increasing and I see no reason why that would change as more and more people take up the hobby.

I auctioned one of those 84/85 circus catalogues a while ago on behalf of a friend and I recall that it reached a high sum, but it was a long time ago so I don't remember what it went for. :-[

I'm very out-of-touch with current eBay prices for catalogues because I've cut back on buying Playmo from there. Maybe if you did a search by completed items for each catalogue you could get a rough idea of their value. Sorry I can't be of more help. :(

Offline Meg

• Playmo Addict
Re: question about value
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2006, 17:44:43 »
With the US, the older the more likely a higher price

My earlist Playmobil American general catalogue is from 1986.
I have a smaller than half size catalogue from shaper 1976 (the first year they were in the US or so I think)

I recently purchsed several early shaper dealer catalogues, which had playmobil and the rest of their line pictured in them.
I have  1976, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1981.  Some of these were pretty pricey, but I am glad that I have them.

I also have an English version of Vicky's Diary No 2 Squeaky, the Parrot
I have only seen the one I have.

I also have 3 books that arent the figure, pop up, or sticker books
Flaps, A Little Monkey on a Long Journey
Circus Romani
The Treasure of the Gold Miner

You have two of them but I dont see the circus book in your bundle

Congrats on your find
It is my believe that older catalogues will only increase in price.

M