Author Topic: Instructions for some 2018-2019 sets newly released  (Read 1850 times)

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
    • PlaymoDB ... the UNOFFICIAL online database for Playmobil® toys
Instructions for some 2018-2019 sets newly released
« on: March 13, 2020, 18:52:42 »
Exciting news for anyone interested in set contents: instructions for 30 sets from 2018-2019 have recently become publicly available. They're not accessible through the official website, but you can view/download them with direct links, which I've added to the set pages and setlist items.

Official Instructions Newly Online, 2020-03-13

Even better: quite a few of the PDFs were created with the part-numbers in a separate text-layer, which means the numbers can be copied and pasted with the text-tool in PDF readers. I've taken advantage of this to scrape part numbers right out of the PDFs and add them to the inventories! I'll be verifying the sets contents by hand over the next little while, but I've got pretty good confidence in their accuracy.

Some 2020 sets have been released with this feature too: not all of them, but some new Soccer, Spirit,1-2-3, and Zoo sets are fully (99%) inventoried from this method. I'll be keeping my eye out for more. Hope they keep it up!

2020 Soccer, Spirit,1-2-3, Zoo sets with instructions
PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
Re: Instructions for some 2018-2019 sets newly released
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2020, 19:44:10 »
Heather, your technical genius never ceases to amaze!  It is only surpassed by your kindness in sharing with us the fruits of your labors.   :hatoff: :clap: :thanks:
U.S.A.      Massachusetts

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2020, 20:42:34 »
Awesome!  :wow:

Thanks sbblabotw!

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2020, 21:06:22 »
Thanks Heather, that confirms some things. Wonderful that they include the horse's name in the German item name for the Spirit horses. I had no idea what the names of the three news ones were until now. (Sarge, Marbles and Bing Cherry)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2020, 09:52:18 »
Thank you, Heather.  You're a treasure.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2020, 10:59:35 »
Woo hoo! Not even the Gnomes of Zirndorf can hide everything from Heather, data-scraper supreme! Thank you!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2020, 18:07:11 »
Huh... the presence of two of the 2019 Easter Eggs in this list, prompted me to go and get the OTHER two during a store sale today. Guess what, 70085 - Police Officer with Dog has instructions. (70083 - Maiden with Geese does NOT. Probably because there are no stickers.) I'll scan them and verify the inventory, but can't make them available for download, since they're not officially online. I'll keep checking though.

Easter Eggs Sets Released In 2019

If anyone finds any other plans I don't have, please let me know! Looking for scans of stickers, collectors' cards, and other bits and pieces from the new blind bags, Scoobies, and Everdreamerz too.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 21:35:02 by sbblabotw »
PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2020, 14:53:15 »
More: from the reissued specials available in German supermarkets.

Specials Promo Edeka 2020 with Instructions

These are the only ones of this series where the original versions had instructions, so I don't think we'll see others. It does confirm, at least for these, that the parts are the same.

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2020, 12:52:14 »
And more! Well done Playmobil! I wouldn't be surprised if they were released for customer service agents to send to people or use for their own reference, but they're out from undercover now, more useful for everyone out here.

Official Instructions Newly Online, 2020-03-17

The instructions for 70383 - Jumbo Advent Calendar - Family Christmas are only for the contents - they are labelled "2", so the ones for building the house itself are out there... I just don't see how to get them at this point. There are some house-parts in the inventory, though.

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2020, 11:47:06 »
A few more: building extensions. 9840 was in a previous list.

Official Instructions Newly Online, 2020-03-26

Also, there are some older instructions being re-posted in this new text-layer format, so I'll finally get to automate the inventories of the biggest sets (e.g. 70132, 70190, 70205) that I've been putting off since they'd be a huge amount of typing and image-cropping. And the pictures of 90%+ of the parts are online too... I often can fetch pictures even if the part itself isn't findable on the official sites. I'm taking advantage of whatever I can find that Playmobil makes available!