Author Topic: 9241+9242 Figures 12  (Read 4638 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: 9241+9242 Figures 12
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2017, 19:47:17 »
And more accurate. The real statue is wearing sandals and her toes are bare.

I didn't notice sandals when I checked  :-[

I had no idea these were even announced yet!  ???

:o

Statue of Liberty, trumpet player, and the blue pirate lady.  I wouldn't mind the wizard, the hoop skirt lady (just for the added accessories), the ninja ('cause it seems strange to have just one ninja), and the Native American lady. Not really enough to justify the whole series.

I need a recount, but the statue I don't have in mount 3 for sure...  :love:  Of course, it's probably better to get them on your side of the pond, right?

We like the big skirted woman's hat and umbrella too :) 

There are plenty of ninjas - in sets, add ons...  And the indian is the same from the egg :wall:  (nice brownish parts though :) )

....and perhaps I might be able to order a pair of the wizard's long baggy sleeves  ;D
(...)
 maybe I should try ordering those short frilly sleeves from the female pirate  ;)

It would be nice if we could order those, yes .... ah, wait, you wanna give them your FOREIGN MONEY!? Forget it.  ::)

I think I may be able to go with fewer cases this time around.

Perhaps. Everyone will be after the same ones... And.. Where in HADES is the highlander?!

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2017, 20:43:23 »
Yeah, I really think since they did just one series last year they were only planning on one this year but then some of their merchants wanted more so they went ahead and decided to do another one with no planning time to do it right. So we ended up with this. they would have been better to have used the PCC and run a quick poll on what people would like to see again and just done that. Hopefully they will reduce the production number on this series, or else they are liable to have a bunch left at the end to sell off cheap.

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2017, 01:47:12 »
they would have been better to have used the PCC and run a quick poll on what people would like to see again and just done that.

You think twelve different Don Quixotes* and twelve different Frida Kahlos would be an improvement?   ;D

* - Dons Quixote?
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2017, 01:48:43 »
Great review, as always, tahra. I'm most looking forward to getting the new wizard robes, hat, and gold staff. You got some nice extras!
~Pynedor~

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2017, 05:24:33 »
I need a recount, but the statue I don't have in mount 3 for sure...  :love:  Of course, it's probably better to get them on your side of the pond, right?

Probably. I'll wait a bit for them to start showing up in stores. Liberty might be a hard one to track down.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2017, 07:43:06 »
Yeah, I really think since they did just one series last year they were only planning on one this year but then some of their merchants wanted more so they went ahead and decided to do another one with no planning time to do it right. So we ended up with this. they would have been better to have used the PCC and run a quick poll on what people would like to see again and just done that. Hopefully they will reduce the production number on this series, or else they are liable to have a bunch left at the end to sell off cheap.

I don't understand the problem. Who here can't come up with one or two series in.. say..  30 minutes? A  couple of hours?

It's lame, and lazy. And weird. At the very least, different colors, and everyone would be happy... mostly  :P

I really do wonder WHO approves these. And WHY!?

And I don't think it takes a big poll or a study for the highlander... Or it's just me?

Two series a year it far too much and too fast :(  As my poor wallet testifies.

You think twelve different Don Quixotes* and twelve different Frida Kahlos would be an improvement?   ;D

:wall:  Don't forget Sherlock! :wall:

I'm most looking forward to getting the new wizard robes, hat, and gold staff. You got some nice extras!

Didn't the gold staff exist before? I thought so, therefore I made no remark on it (I don't much like the sculpt)

Still waiting for a GREY wizard  ::)

Liberty might be a hard one to track down.

If I find that one cheap, they are MINE!  :P

The mummies were soooooooooooooo happy!  :love:

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2017, 08:39:50 »
I don't understand the problem. Who here can't come up with one or two series in.. say..  30 minutes? A  couple of hours?

It's lame, and lazy. And weird. At the very least, different colors, and everyone would be happy... mostly  :P

Maybe it was a production problem, rather than an idea one. It does seem a bit like they just had spares of certain klickies hanging about.

:wall:  Don't forget Sherlock! :wall:

Don't diss Sherlock. I still don't have one! The US site never got him in stock.  >:(

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2017, 09:01:42 »
Maybe it was a production problem, rather than an idea one. It does seem a bit like they just had spares of certain klickies hanging about.

GAH. But they did rather well with the statue, the pirate woman and the male wizard in different colors (except for the mess with the statues feet).. so.. why not go that way?

Don't diss Sherlock. I still don't have one! The US site never got him in stock.  >:(

Really? Still here, and marked as "new".. but again, don't know if it's very efficient to send for him from across the pond.. (when I eventually do an order - been delaying and delaying, and now with the dragons..)

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2017, 09:18:29 »
I'd love to see the highlander again but with a different tartan and flesh coloured legs.

I'd also like to see a random figure ghostified, or stonified or goldified. Yes, I did make those words up but I'm sure you know what I mean. :P

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2017, 09:50:28 »
I'd love to see the highlander again but with a different tartan and flesh coloured legs.

Well, yes. Not barefoot though - naked legs with boots.. Uhm.. Not sure that'd work too well  :-\

I'd also like to see a random figure ghostified, or stonified or goldified. Yes, I did make those words up but I'm sure you know what I mean. :P

YES! All for weird skin colors!