Author Topic: Merry Men's Feast 6464 question  (Read 1937 times)

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
Merry Men's Feast 6464 question
« on: July 02, 2019, 08:44:50 »
I got a couple of these sets recently and they all had extra shoes in them. Is this standard, did the original have extras too? By extra I mean they come with an extra pair of sandals for the priest and an extra pair of the dark brown clogs.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: Merry Men's Feast 6464 question
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2019, 09:54:19 »
I don't THINK so....

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2019, 00:24:42 »
Those sets you have were probably packed on the evening before December 6th...

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Online Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2019, 10:27:07 »
I just got one, and it 'only' has 3 pairs of shoes, so I'd guess it's just a mistake

Offline jodawill

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2019, 13:27:47 »
Those sets you have were probably packed on the evening before December 6th...

What's on December 6th?

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2019, 04:10:17 »
I just got one, and it 'only' has 3 pairs of shoes, so I'd guess it's just a mistake
Must be a batch thing because I got three and all had the same number of extra shoes.

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2019, 21:29:38 »
What's on December 6th?

In most parts of Belgium, The Netherlands and the north of France we celebrate "Sinterklaas" aka "Saint-Nicolas Day".
It is a festive day for children, they find gifts in the morning as Saint-Nicolas rides the rooftops in the night of the 5th to the 6th and his  compagnon/aid "Zwarte Piet" ("Black Pete") climbs through the chimneys to bring toys & gifts to kids who behaved good the past year.
As a thanks for past gifts and/or to make sure the Saint will show up again on their roof, on the evening of 5th December kids put shoes in front of the fireplace with carrots in them for Saint-Nicolas´ dunkey (or horse, depending on different versions of the tale).
Playmobil released some very cool exclusive Saint-Nicolas sets a few years ago for the Benelux countries (BElgium-NEtherlands-LUXembourg).
"Santa" in the USA is most probably another interpretation of the centuries-old Saint-Nicolas tale, of which many divergent versions exist all over Western-Europe.  By influence from overseas (USA), we now more & more celebrate "Santa" as well, while before Christmas was more celebrated as a kind of purely religious & family feast without (much) (toy)gifts & all the commercial stuff.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 21:35:25 by Hadoque »

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!