Author Topic: 4748 Samurai Special  (Read 6539 times)

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
Re: 4748 Samurai Special
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2011, 09:18:46 »
soon I'll be seeing a lot of new samurai customs  ;)

Oh goody goody!!! Me wanna see!!!  ;D

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2011, 10:33:59 »
Thanks for the review Sir Wolf. Awesome Klicky

I want 200 of them !!!! and i want them now !!!!  :hissyfit: :hissyfit: :hissyfit: :hissyfit: :hissyfit: :hissyfit: :hissyfit: :hissyfit:
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Heronimus

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2011, 10:44:00 »
Many many thanks for the review of this long waited samurai.,,,!! It is amazing, but doesnt capture the essence of the Japanese warrior. But I wont complain, and look forward a full theme of ancient asians, and some better looking samurai!!! Thanks for the pics again and I will wait for another year till it arrives :love:

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2011, 10:52:54 »
Many many thanks for the review of this long waited samurai.,,,!! It is amazing, but doesnt capture the essence of the Japanese warrior.

I am curious as i think its a very good klicky , why do you think it doesnt capture the way of the warrior  ??? ??? ???
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Heronimus

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2011, 11:45:46 »
I am curious as i think its a very good klicky , why do you think it doesnt capture the way of the warrior  ??? ??? ???
I dont know how to put it in words. Let me show you how the Japanese put the samurai and musha idea into toys, and I guess that is what makes a figure samuraish.
This samurai klicky does have the essential armour and helmet, right colour scheme too. And I love it too, though playmobil got the room to perfect it further!! :P Maybe because I am not a Japanese, neither a JP expert. 8-)

http://dalong.net/review/mg/m110/m110_p.htm

http://www.gunpla.tw/images/200810/1225253589944725405.jpg

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2011, 19:28:23 »
Thanks for the detailed pictures, I hate waiting but I may build up pressure causing me to buy way more than I really could ever use  ;)
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2011, 19:30:36 »
This must surely be one of the UGLIEST specials ever released. Seriously: the samurais you guys customise are a million times better than this: and I am sure that many of you - after the usual emperor's new clothes period - will agree with me.
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2011, 19:45:02 »
Nice review, Panos - thank you.   :wave:
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2011, 22:25:34 »
Thanks for the review and pics Panos!

It wouldn have been nice, since they had to make new mouldings anyway, to have the two swords correctly carried at the waist. It would restrict his left arm movement, but as his arms are already severely restricted by the shoulder armor, what difference?

Still, I welcome a Samurai Special with open arms and will certainly buy them in numbers, in the hopes that this helps spawn a full Feudal Japan theme. It looks like it would be easy to customise some different color Samurai, albeit they'd lose the leg printing but that's a small price to pay.

If I were designing the figure I'd have made rectangular shoulder plates (more accurate to that clip to the arms, much as the old-style European armor does. That way the pauldrons could be removed and attached to different klickies, and the arms would have a wider range of movement. We have to bear in mind the difficulties of moulding in hot plastic, so the solution they've come up with may be the only one possible.

Offline Ali Baba

• prince of Oonowezu
  • Playmo Addict
  • Just say the magic word!
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2011, 22:28:50 »
Owwwwwwwwww, sir Wolf. I'm jealous. You beat me to it. I've been checking out the shops here for 2 weeks now.

Thanks for the review. I read it with great interest. I will buy at least one samurai!
The hottest babe is:

3645 Family Yacht Woman