Author Topic: Anyone interested in a custom klicky swap event?  (Read 35919 times)

Offline Captain Henry

• Pirate King!
  • Playmo Lover
Re: Anyone interested in a custom klicky swap event?
« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2007, 02:45:08 »
Finally got my custom finished and packaged today, and I expect it to go out on tomorrow's tide... ;) This was fun, it has been a while since I have played with my toys, and we made this into a family event with Sirena and Merboy helping out as well...
He who rules the seas, rules the world! And pirates rule the seas! -- Captain Henry

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2007, 08:25:27 »
You could call USVI slightly remote....  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

When you look at the global situation, since the advent of the interweb, posting of letters has dropped off thanks to email, but posting of small packages and larger parcels has grown thanks to internet shopping. I'm sure a portion of this increase in parcels is international.

So the postal services are missing out on the easy money from letters, and have to lug about much bulkier loads, then try to deliver them when people are home to answer the door (actually the RM don't bother, and generally call during weekday office hours when people are most likely to be out, but I was thinking logically).

The UK Postal service, the "Royal Mail" though it's not owned or run by the Queen, has taken several downturns in customer service in recent years.

Despite the recent postal strikes (in which I lost a couple of eBay purchases altogether), and despite the closure of many local sub-post offices, they're running a series of TV ads to show what a range of wonderul services they provide.

Offline Timotheos

• Visitor
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2007, 19:49:21 »
When you look at the global situation, since the advent of the interweb, posting of letters has dropped off thanks to email, but posting of small packages and larger parcels has grown thanks to internet shopping. I'm sure a portion of this increase in parcels is international.

So the postal services are missing out on the easy money from letters, and have to lug about much bulkier loads, then try to deliver them when people are home to answer the door (actually the RM don't bother, and generally call during weekday office hours when people are most likely to be out, but I was thinking logically).

In the US, UPS (United Parcel Post) and FedEx are competing neck and neck with the US post office.  I'm generally satisfied with US mail (jokes about its slowness seem to trace to an earlier era).  But, I no longer believe the post office is a needed government monopoly.  UPS and FedEx both turn a profit, but provide a parcel delivery network nearly as extensive as the post office and likely more accountable.

I'm not eager to pay bills on-line, but if letter mailing became prohibitively expensive, I'm sure we'd find some method, like PayPal, to pay electronically without giving everybody direct access to the bank account or credit card (service providers in the states want auto-debit arrangements that strike me as dangerous if you decide to quit the service but it doesn't want to let you go).

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #53 on: November 26, 2007, 15:10:51 »

OK ... Back on topic!

What's happening with our Playmofriends Custom Klicky Swap Event?

The only two members who have posted that they have sent their "swaps" off are Cap'n Henry and me!
The only member who has posted that he has received anything is Tim (Timotheos)!

Am I just being impatient? Or, is this event not moving along as it should?

Richard

Offline socrates

• Geobra Gourmet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #54 on: November 26, 2007, 15:29:53 »
OK ... Back on topic!

The only two members who have posted that they have sent their "swaps" off are Cap'n Henry and me!
The only member who has posted that he has received anything is Tim (Timotheos)!

Well...  :-[
So, my custom klicky is ready for shipping but not yet shipped. 
Not only Osterholz has pushed me back in my preparations... :-\

...and... hey, it's not yet the last day of november, is it?  :bunny:

best
socrates
"Just living is not enough," said the butterfly, "one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower."
— Hans Christian Andersen

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #55 on: November 26, 2007, 15:58:33 »
Thanks for the gentle reminder, Richard. ;D

Some members have advised me on their progress by PM. :)

Deadeye dick's klicky was complete and he was hoping to post it on the weekend just passed.
Customizer's was 80% complete last Friday, so it should be in the post soon.

My gift has finally gone in the post today! *phew*
I sent it by registered mail because I didn't want to risk it getting lost en route. 8}

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #56 on: November 26, 2007, 21:01:47 »
Thanks for the gentle reminder, Richard. ;D

Hello, Sylvia ...

I guess that my reminder wasn't very "gentle" ... Sorry ... :-[

I'm a little concerned, because I put it in the post fourteen days ago and haven't heard anything about it arriving yet ...  :hmm:

For what these postal bandits charge here in the tropics, I would have expected them to find a faster carrier pigeon ...  ;D

Hmmm ... Come to think of it, I haven't seen any pigeons. I wonder if they used a carrier seagull ... ???

Can't imagine that carrier seagulls would be very reliable ...  ::)

Well, this is turning into a real "nail-biter" ...  8}

All the best,
Nervous Richard

Offline Jimbo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #57 on: November 26, 2007, 22:53:45 »

OK ... Back on topic!

Richard

Hi Richard..Mine is off to Europe, (cost a buck and thirty cents, remember?)
I sent it on the 15th of November...It should be almost across Arizona by now! ;D

Slay the nervous dragon..
Peace,

Jimbo

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #58 on: November 27, 2007, 03:18:31 »
Hi Richard..Mine is off to Europe, (cost a buck and thirty cents, remember?)
I sent it on the 15th of November...It should be almost across Arizona by now! ;D

Slay the nervous dragon..
Peace,

Jimbo

Ooops, sorry, Jimbo ...  :-[

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #59 on: November 27, 2007, 06:01:25 »
Mines done but still needs to get to the post office. I am planning a trip on Wednesday with a bunch of things I am sending off. If I'm going to stand in line at the post office this time of year I want to get as much done in the one trip as possible.