Creative > Ships & Vehicles

NEW Off Road Dumper Truck

(1/4) > >>

Tim_w:
Hello  All  :wave:

As some of you may know I have recently been working on a new project, well it is finally finished. It certainly has been a long time in the making partly due to waiting for good weather to do the painting !! I was going to present an article on how to make this particular vehicle but it presented me with more problems than I first anticipated!!

This huge piece of construction equipment is called an off road dumper. It is used at large construction sites or quarries where huge volumes of material need to be transported quickly from one place to another. Because of the rough terrain usually found on large sites normal dumper trucks would get stuck if they ventured into an off road dumpers domain.
Due to the nature of its work and weight of the material carried these vehicles also boast a powerful engine. It also comes complete with 6 huge off road tyres to help it negotiate the mud and other obstacles it finds in its path. Because this vehicle operates within the confines of the site and does not usually stray onto public roads there is no need for a tailgate on the trailer. This means that the driver does not have to get out of the cab to unload he just tips the trailer and moves off, speeding up the transfer of material.

Please be aware that this is a Playmofriends exclusive. Please contact me before using these pictures, thank you.

Kindest Regards  Tim

Tim_w:
Here is a picture showing the back of the vehicle being tipped and another showing the joint in between the cab which allows the vehicle to be turned left and right.

Tim_w:
Here are a few pictures of the dumper on the back of my own low loader trailer, these show how big the vehicle actually is.

Meg:
I have never seen so massive a truck

Though I have seen where it might be used.

Tim, what are you planning to use the truck for?

Again, a wonderfully done custom.
I really think you should send some of your photos to geobra and get their reaction.

Meg

Tim_w:
Hello  Meg

Thank you for the kind feedback it is very much appreciated. I have considered contacting Geobra before but i have never really known what to say to them.
As for the new vehicle it will most probably be put to use on the construction of a new road. I plan on doing a few photo story's showing this and if all goes to plan my new truck will be involved in moving the waste soil. By the time i come to do this i hope to have a couple more new :-X vehicles built up to take part aswell. Here is a picture of a similar vehicle from real life. These vary a great deal in style depending on who makes them but the principal stays the same.

Regards  Tim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version