Author Topic: JLMatterer's Collection  (Read 77635 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: JLMatterer's Collection
« Reply #470 on: October 03, 2021, 20:11:10 »
:love:

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #471 on: October 04, 2021, 14:56:11 »
That was lucky!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #472 on: October 04, 2021, 20:07:13 »
I ordered a case but it was taken off backorder by Playmobil before shipping to my store. Thry are going to try to reorder for me. Is the case quantity 12 on those?

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
« Reply #473 on: October 14, 2021, 22:53:26 »
I ordered a case but it was taken off backorder by Playmobil before shipping to my store. Thry are going to try to reorder for me. Is the case quantity 12 on those?

No - it was 28 (weird). Sorry for the delay, but I missed your post until just now.

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
Van Gogh Arrived QUICKLY
« Reply #474 on: October 14, 2021, 22:56:37 »
I ordered them on Mon Oct 11 from the Van Gogh Museum, Amsterdam & they arrived in Ohio, USA on Thurs Oct 14, in this amazing box; the design is from Van Gogh's "Almond Blossoms". I'm astounded by the very quick delivery, & am really happy with the whole experience.

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #475 on: October 14, 2021, 23:30:34 »
Congratulations! And what a nice box! It is shocking to compare this delivery time with our last collective order, early in 2021. I then used regular mail (DHL), and it took MONTHS to get to you. Either things have improved considerably since then (Covid-19), or the Rijksmuseum is using another shipping company. I sometimes receive items from the USA within days when UPS is being used. I guess that should be it.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 23:39:05 by StJohn »

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
« Reply #476 on: October 15, 2021, 00:20:35 »
Congratulations! And what a nice box! It is shocking to compare this delivery time with our last collective order, early in 2021. I then used regular mail (DHL), and it took MONTHS to get to you. Either things have improved considerably since then (Covid-19), or the Rijksmuseum is using another shipping company. I sometimes receive items from the USA within days when UPS is being used. I guess that should be it.

I was genuinely shocked to see it was coming today; packages from Europe never arrive this quickly. It was DHL; it came from Amsterdam (Van Gogh Museum). The original ETA was Oct 18, which still would've been pretty fast.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #477 on: October 15, 2021, 12:04:37 »
Got a box like that too... had no idea it was a painting. Was immediately schooled. :P

(will pass the box to someone who can truly appreciate it... it is gorgeous.)

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
Life-size Klingon
« Reply #478 on: March 05, 2022, 20:28:09 »
Deluxe Toy has been able to order me the new life-size figure for this year, & it is a Klingon. (Wow!) I haven't seen it yet, but I assume that it's old-school, before the head-lumps.

I was told that it would be late in arriving, as PM "fired" the company that makes the figures; I have seen in the news, though, that the company was close to going out of business. That news item was a few months ago.

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #479 on: March 05, 2022, 20:52:35 »
You must have quite the collection of large figures now! That's awesome that they order these for you. :D
~Pynedor~