Author Topic: JLMatterer's Collection  (Read 77678 times)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
Re: JLMatterer's Collection
« Reply #320 on: August 10, 2020, 11:51:53 »
Is that grey net shown on the left hand side of the box pic included? I can't see it on your pics, Jim.
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
« Reply #321 on: August 10, 2020, 22:52:24 »
Is that grey net shown on the left hand side of the box pic included? I can't see it on your pics, Jim.

Yes, it is. It's pretty big so I didn't include it in the pics. It's made of a rubbery material & is well constructed.

The shutters open up as much as you see in my pics. I leave them open because once they're clicked back into wall, it's very hard (for me, anyway) to get them to open again.

I already need more bats.

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
« Reply #322 on: August 16, 2020, 23:03:57 »

« Last Edit: August 16, 2020, 23:28:09 by JLMatterer »

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #323 on: August 17, 2020, 08:20:04 »
That's a great photo-review, Jim! An interesting set with some familiar and new parts. I like the dustbin (trash can) and long-case clock, but the bookcase is a little disappointing being just one lump of plastic, where the front doors could have been separate and hinged. Gold door handles will be useful for replacing parts missing from the 5300 mansion, if they are available as spare parts.

Is the double chimney pot crooked (as on the top left of the first pic) or straight (as on the eigth pic)?
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #324 on: August 17, 2020, 08:26:49 »
I also really like that trash can... and the chandelier...

But...

BY THE GODS. That's GORGEOUS. Must have.  :love:

And this guy... does the skin color match the beautiful weird grey guy from the Dragons?

If so, I think I really NEED those arms! ;)   Well.. he's all great, actually.  But I am NOT buying that set... (besides all other problems, I find the colors awful)

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
« Reply #325 on: August 17, 2020, 14:25:36 »
Is the double chimney pot crooked (as on the top left of the first pic) or straight (as on the eigth pic)?

I knew someone would notice that!  8} LOL. It's straight. The top comes off easily as the bones are stored in the chimney. A small tray holds all pieces in the chimney, & when the tray is removed the bones come tumbling down into the fireplace. See pic. The pots didn't get put back on properly after I loaded up the chimney.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #326 on: August 17, 2020, 16:37:53 »
 :lol:

I'm not usually that observant, but the crooked pot looked very appropriate. There's lots going on with this house, as a child, I'd have loved it. But at £90, I think my wallet is safe!

PS I just found one for £75, but my wallet is watching me carefully at the moment.....

A small tray holds all pieces in the chimney, & when the tray is removed the bones come tumbling down.

Neither this feature nor the stairs-which-turn-into-a-slide are shown on the playmobil website. This really is a great set. Wallet is now growling and showing its teeth...
« Last Edit: August 17, 2020, 16:54:04 by GrahamB »

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
« Reply #327 on: August 17, 2020, 18:22:27 »
The coffin has interesting features as well. It can play 8 different audio bits - 3 cartoon sounds, a howling dog, squawking crow, cackling witch, squeaking door, & wailing ghost. One of the transparent ghost cards can be placed inside & the coffin turns into a mini-projector. Quite fun, & more enjoyable than the how the ghost cards work in the Mystery Machine; the light inside the van is so bright that the ghost cards don't work very well & are barely visible. They work much better with the coffin & the image can be cast on any surface & waved about on walls, etc.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #328 on: August 17, 2020, 20:06:24 »
The projector feature sounds great. I guess people are having trouble getting the program to do the ghost on the phone as projector app.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #329 on: August 17, 2020, 20:35:27 »
the light inside the van is so bright that the ghost cards don't work very well & are barely visible.

Glad it's not just me then..