Author Topic: JLMatterer's Collection  (Read 77592 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: JLMatterer's Collection
« Reply #310 on: August 05, 2020, 07:35:33 »
The hat adapter is a piece of black rubber, round on top & flat on the bottom. There's an arrow on top indicating the front; the round part fits into the hat, & there are slits on the flat part that are formed to fit the top of Scooby's ears (the ears have little nubs on top).

The witch is also someone in disguise, so, yes, there's a double-face. The hair is white! BTW, Scooby's eyes are different from set to set, something which I just noticed.

Thank you for all the details and pics :) 

I love the pale yellow klicky too... unfortunately, didn't see him about anywhere yet (or the white haired one)..

I had seen the eyes, but we decided we will NOT get a batallion of cross-eyed Scoobies.   :P

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
« Reply #311 on: August 08, 2020, 00:07:04 »

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #312 on: August 08, 2020, 08:26:52 »
That's a must-have set for me. The bats, the other bats, the gargoyle, the skeleton-inna-magic coffin, the pop-up skellington (that word auto-corrected to Wellington! :lol:), the weird lady, the crypt, oh it's just wonderful!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #313 on: August 08, 2020, 15:48:05 »
I didn't realise the bats would be able to fly  ;D

I love the crypt and the grave stones too

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #314 on: August 08, 2020, 17:15:30 »
I must have the bats... Are those balloon strings, holding them up?

And the gargoyle too (what's the bottom like - how does it attach to the roof?) .. and if the columns are available.. well...

The weird klicky is nice too...

What's the redish thing on the grave?

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
« Reply #315 on: August 08, 2020, 23:09:00 »
I must have the bats... Are those balloon strings, holding them up? And the gargoyle too (what's the bottom like - how does it attach to the roof?) .. and if the columns are available.. well... The weird klicky is nice too... What's the redish thing on the grave?

The bats are amazing. Those are balloon strings, & there are small pieces that clip on the branches that they fit into. There's a hole on top of the crypt roof, in the back, where one will fit as well. The gargoyle has a hole on the bottom which allows it to be assembled as shown in the pics. The red thing is what PM calls a "grave light." The art on the box makes it seems as if it lights up, but it doesn't, which would've been nice. It is actually the button that is pressed to propel the skeleton out of the grave.

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #316 on: August 09, 2020, 00:30:49 »
The grave light is a custom in some countries of leaving a candle on the grave of a relative. It's often in a red glass protective container.
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #317 on: August 09, 2020, 09:51:30 »
I wondered about the two shutters which lie diagonally across the entrance to the Mausoleum. Can they close off the entrance completely?
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #318 on: August 09, 2020, 16:14:20 »
We have waited decades for them to do a cemetery set and they got it so right with this one. Love the use of the magic box as a coffin. Great they did the gargoyle so it can sit on any surface, that one's going on my parts order wish list for sure. Can't have too many gargoyles. The bats being able to fly is excellent too.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #319 on: August 09, 2020, 16:59:12 »
The bats are amazing. Those are balloon strings, & there are small pieces that clip on the branches that they fit into. There's a hole on top of the crypt roof, in the back, where one will fit as well. The gargoyle has a hole on the bottom which allows it to be assembled as shown in the pics. The red thing is what PM calls a "grave light." The art on the box makes it seems as if it lights up, but it doesn't, which would've been nice. It is actually the button that is pressed to propel the skeleton out of the grave.

Thank you - and for all the pics :)

The grave light is a custom in some countries of leaving a candle on the grave of a relative. It's often in a red glass protective container.

Uhm... point.

Great they did the gargoyle so it can sit on any surface, that one's going on my parts order wish list for sure. Can't have too many gargoyles. The bats being able to fly is excellent too.

Agree! Want!  :love: