Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
News / Re: Playmobil in the News
« Last post by JLMatterer on April 18, 2024, 23:04:13 »

Brainstorming For Playmobil / Re: What's wrong with Playmobil? 2
« Last post by Rasputin on April 18, 2024, 20:41:55 »
That’s one of the problems of being a fan and thinking “I know what’s best”

When a person is looking in from the outside they have no perspective at to why certain decisions are made. We don’t know actual sales figures and Playmobil isn’t about to share them. We don’t know if a historic theme was a success or a total flop. We have our preferences  but are they realistic at turning a profit .

Playmobil recently has been hit with a 1,2,3 punch

Lost its leader
Brick and mortar shelf exposure (on the web you have to search for it by name)
Economic downturn

They bet on licensing but then again the collectors have no idea if it panned out on the books
« Last post by Alex4420 on April 18, 2024, 12:57:43 »
Perhaps it is a late 20th century problem endemic to all organizations. I worked for a large and highly esteemed organization which lost its way 15 years ago when it stopped identifying and growing management candidates internally and went to "bias-free" applications and blind candidate boards. They even halted a program wherein each unit had primary and secondary alternate supervisors, which was a wonderful way of testing prospective candidates. As a result,  an organization with a 100 year history is now in disarray and has seen its reputation fall considerably. It is the old adage, "Don't fix what isn't broken."
« Last post by Rasputin on April 18, 2024, 12:31:59 »
I’d also agree that there have been quite a few classic sets re-released lately that I’m very pleased with. I’m thinking western and Victorian

Then you have all the modern cars that seem to be more adult oriented

Then the Star Treck

The anima

Then the Scooby Do, ghost busters, Ateam type sets

There’s actually quite a few that happened well after the PCC disintegrated

« Last post by Oliver on April 18, 2024, 12:19:26 »

I don't know about Germany, but as another article mentioned a quarter of toy sales in Spain are to adult collectors. That's a huge customer base being ignored currently.

I don't really think that's accurate. What service it was meant to provide, I've never quite understood. But the simple fact is, without the Collectors Club in place we have more sets aimed at the 'adult' market than ever.
Customs Gallery / 18th-century customised flags
« Last post by HDTM on April 18, 2024, 08:29:39 »
I keep working on it  8-) :love:

« Last post by Klickteryx on April 18, 2024, 07:34:21 »
This is not entirely true

There were a lot of collectors from all over who not only worked and petitioned but actually spent their personal money to make it happen from all over the globe. There are quite a few in here actually. I am still thankful to them for all the extra work they did. Some even flew to Germany

The high up were the ones who allowed it to happen at Playmobil. With out their blessing it never would have had 1 month let alone 3 years

The people at Playmobil who were tasked with babysitting irrational, sensitive, emotional & crazy collectors tired of all the drama

Go ask the Green Goblin who resides in a swamp of all the special treatment he demanded
I'm aware of your spat with The Green Musketeer? but the total lack of interest beyond the contact person who wasn't able to provide any information made the whole thing a waste of time. It felt like the club was set up for children, other than the yearly sale practically nothing happened for the rest of the year, it was disappointing.
Thanks for the bit about the international fans input into setting up, I just assumed it would have been people who were closer.
« Last post by Rasputin on April 18, 2024, 03:06:01 »
German collectors fought hard to get the adult fanbase a foot in the door several years ago but the resultant club was treated with disdain by those at the top and very little interaction took place. The vast majority of the members were interested in history

This is not entirely true

There were a lot of collectors from all over who not only worked and petitioned but actually spent their personal money to make it happen from all over the globe. There are quite a few in here actually. I am still thankful to them for all the extra work they did. Some even flew to Germany

The high up were the ones who allowed it to happen at Playmobil. With out their blessing it never would have had 1 month let alone 3 years

The people at Playmobil who were tasked with babysitting irrational, sensitive, emotional & crazy collectors tired of all the drama

Go ask the Green Goblin who resides in a swamp of all the special treatment he demanded

« Last post by Rasputin on April 18, 2024, 02:57:29 »
They did it to themselves , Germany ate the goose that laid the golden eggs . It’s not just a Playmobil problem, the whole German manufacturing industry is apparently suicidal

Hope some one with a brain gets voted in and steers the ship away from the rocks

As for the PCC , it was just a pet project of a few and had no company wide backing , it was doomed to fail from its inception unfortunately .

Mr B didn’t want to leave the brand to his kids so he left it in the hands of a secretary. Great
I guess he tried to out smart Clogs to Clogs in 3 and failed

English subtitles did not work for me , only in German

Report & Review / Re: My last purchase 3769 + 71436
« Last post by Rasputin on April 18, 2024, 02:38:51 »
Open it , set it free
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10