Author Topic: My New Custom Hogwarts Teachers  (Read 7147 times)

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
Re: My New Custom Hogwarts Teachers
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2012, 14:04:31 »
Thank you everyone.  I loved doing them  :love: 
I restricted the figures I did to just one year at Hogwarts as regards defence against the dark arts teachers, but would like to try making all the teachers from other years, also thinking about Voldemort and some death eaters - when I get time!

Those look great! I really love  :love: the McGonagall outfit, great job on that plaid. It looks like fuzzy woolen :)

Thank you, I was pleased that it had achieved the look I wanted, like a type of tweed material.

Likewise with Dolores Umbridge's outfit.  She is described as wearing a fluffy pink cardigan so I tried to put the paint on the arms quite thickly to give the appearance of it not being smooth.

I think I will change Snapes face though - he looks too nice  :lol:

The work on Rubeus Hagrid is impressive, how tall is he compared to a classic clicky?

Only slightly taller - I'll post a photo of him stood next to one of the others.

Elaine

A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline naflibomyalp

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2012, 14:05:21 »
Professor McGonagall's dress it my favourite too!   :love:
They are all fabulous.   :clap: :hatoff:
[img]

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2012, 14:08:34 »
Really cool all of them! Specially McGonagall, I love her!!

I've never seen professor Sinistra before. Which movie is she featured in?  ???
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2012, 14:20:09 »
Thank you Verity and Gaston.

I've never seen professor Sinistra before. Which movie is she featured in?  ???

According to the photo here Gaston, it must have been either the Philosopher's Stone or Chamber of Secrets. 
I think probably Chamber of Secrets because she is certainly mentioned in that book, although I'm sure she's mentioned in later books when they talk about the homework they have to do for her.

http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Aurora_Sinistra

Elaine

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2012, 15:01:11 »
Thank you Verity and Gaston.

According to the photo here Gaston, it must have been either the Philosopher's Stone or Chamber of Secrets. 
I think probably Chamber of Secrets because she is certainly mentioned in that book, although I'm sure she's mentioned in later books when they talk about the homework they have to do for her.

http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Aurora_Sinistra

Elaine

I do remember her from the books, but not the movies. It could a shot of the teacher's table in one of those you mentioned.   :)9
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2012, 01:06:28 »
I said I would post a photo of Hagrid stood next to another klicky, here he is with Dumbledore, almost a head taller...

Elaine

Offline bootgypsy

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2012, 02:57:14 »
those are so cool! being a Harry Potter fan i can really appreciate all the work and the true awesomeness of these!
Cyndi ~ Alabama, USA

Offline cowabounga

• Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2012, 21:29:48 »
Thanks for that latest pic, Elaine. I agree on Snapes' face, he looks too happy. Maybe the turned down smile face from the convict in Fi?ures serie 2/3 (don't remember which) would look better. Just my two cents.
A.
Life in the so called space age...

Offline Pirateclick

• x
  • Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2012, 22:45:29 »
Skypurr, I love your creations  :love:
You're really good at customizing Playmobil, and as a Harry Potter fan I have to say that those are just perfect  :)9
I hope you continue creating more Harry Potter characters  :wave:

Offline doug

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2012, 20:08:46 »
Beautiful set.

I love Albus' little glasses and Minerva's plaid print:  Great painting there!

I too would agree about Severus' eyebrows.  His scowl is almost defining.  I would add to cowabunga's suggestion that you could PAINT on new eyebrows instead of swapping heads.  If your hand is steady enough to make a plaid dress, the brows should be no problem, AND face would be unique.  (A rarity for Playmobil faces...)  You could make them triangular as seen here: http://www.imdb.com/media/rm172605184/ch0000988

I have hesitated to bring up this venture, because I haven't had success yet, but for Giant figures I wondered how a 1-2-3 head (or whole figure) would work...? 
Finding compatible arms for a 1-2-3 body is proving tricky to me, but a leg extension (Like you did on your Hagrid base figure) of a 1-2-3 adult makes a beefy giant.  I would love to see a bulkier Hagrid, but we are limited by Playmobil's uniformity in this case....  unless venturing into 1-2-3 parts for bases.

Anyhoo, great batch of customs, recognizable at a glance!

doug