Author Topic: HELP! Which set are these klickies from?!  (Read 3615 times)

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
HELP! Which set are these klickies from?!
« on: May 03, 2006, 13:46:44 »
I've been sorting through a box of loose, older klickies, identifying which sets they come from, but these two red and grey people have me quite baffled. :eh?:

I've looked through the archive at playmobil.de and flipped through the Collector and still have not been able to find a set with any figures like these. 8}

By the grey trousers I'm thinking they might be in uniform.... but for what job? Train people, maybe? :-\

Btw, I'm not sure if the hat is correct for the female, but that's what she was wearing when I found her.

Hope someone can help. :)

Offline Customizer

• Playmo Master
Re: HELP! Which set are these klickies from?!
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2006, 19:15:39 »
Hi,

this are the ESSO Service People !!

;D

Some are at the Exclusive Canada ESSO blister !
and i think at 3434 are the same.

ENJOY !!

gentle greets

Andi (the gas station collector)  ;D

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2006, 08:35:09 »
Thanks for the photos of the bagged sets, Andi! :D

I found a pic of 3434 too. :)

I think I have some of the accessories for them - definitely the yellow toolbox, anyway - so I may be able to complete them as loose sets one day. It's just a shame they are missing their stickers.

Thanks again for your help. :)9

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2006, 16:55:12 »
Yep I have the woman with the logo on the cap.

If you find you need the toolbox it's the same one that's in the Christmas Santa's House set, so it is available from DS.

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2006, 20:12:00 »
The tools are also still available from DS; some only in a more modern variant, but if you like I have some old for spare. Here it would be helpful if somebody can provide a plan or at least a photo from the box's back so that we better can check out what is missing for your completion.
BTW the air pressure tool is also still available at DS (I ordered/received one a few days ago).

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2006, 10:25:53 »
Thanks for the parts info about the tools. :)

I am trying to complete my older sets using the 'original' parts wherever possible, rather than substituting them with more modern equivalents. I've noticed that some of the tools/weapons have become slightly more detailed over the years and that the plastic quality differs. I'm starting to run out of old ones now, so I may have to take you up on your offer, Jochen. ;)

Does anyone know if the promo Esso figures which were given away in Canada only had the painted faces (like the ones shown in Andi's pics), or did they go on to later make versions which had moulded faces too?

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2006, 05:53:11 »
I can recognize a crowbar, hammer, screwdriver, two kind of spanner/wrenches -- I'm not sure if these are all tools... I think I should have all of mentioned before ones for spare.

Sylvia, let me know, if you need any of those (or all  :)); if you have a plan or a more detailed view of the set, I also can have a look if I have some other parts.