Author Topic: Anyone interested in a custom klicky swap event?  (Read 35900 times)

Offline Captain Henry

• Pirate King!
  • Playmo Lover
Re: Anyone interested in a custom klicky swap event?
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2007, 19:26:08 »
I have been AWOL for a while, and may not be around much (at least until I find a new job - long story) but this sounds like fun, and I have not done anything Playmo-related in a long time, so this will force me to crack apart some little plastic people once again. I'm in!
He who rules the seas, rules the world! And pirates rule the seas! -- Captain Henry

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2007, 19:27:50 »
I think it would be a good idea to remind people that it is not necessary to spend a great deal of money or copious amounts of time on the custom figure they intend to send as a gift. Keep it small and simple, if possible. :)

I don't want to dampen anyone's spirits or be discouraging about the whole event, but sometimes items do go missing in the post... or the recipient fails to thank the sender... and that can lead to a disheartening experience for the creator of the gift. :( Hopefully, nothing bad like that will happen this time. :crossed:

I also think it would be a really good idea for each person to make a photographic record of their custom figure before they post it off. This way if the recipient of the gift is unable to take pics, the sender can still share their custom work with the rest of the members at a later date. ;)

This year, I'm afraid you will have to count me out.

No problem, Gordon. :)

Offline tanotrooper

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2007, 20:29:26 »
just to confirm I'm in, since we got a mail. I'm looking forward to the exchange!  :yup: (creepy emoticon)

TT
Si pacem vis, para bellum.

Offline Customizer

• Playmo Master
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2007, 07:22:41 »
Hi,

IM IN !!!

Lets activate my lost customtalent......... :lol:

Nice to see you here Sven !  ;D

world greets

Andi

Offline Knightmo

• Playmo Fanatic
    • JimEffect
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2007, 22:47:44 »
I would like to, but Its hard for me to do something simple. Generally, my customs take quite a bit of time and its hard to know when Ill get parts and materials for the projects. I dont think Ill be able to whip something out by November. Sorry. Its sounds like a fun Idea.

Offline socrates

• Geobra Gourmet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2007, 14:50:13 »
I am already quite busy, even at this part of the year....   8}
...but to celebrate playmofriends anniversary....   

...of course I am IN....
:yippee:

best,
socrates

"Just living is not enough," said the butterfly, "one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower."
— Hans Christian Andersen

Offline Jimbo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2007, 22:13:58 »
Hi!

Had an  idea...
Count me in too!

Jimbo

Offline Timotheos

• Visitor
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2007, 06:44:29 »
Hi I'm interested in doing this.  Is it too late?  Shall I send you (Sylvia) my address via PM?  And, do I mail to you, or directly to the recepient?  (If you're the distributor, I'll include extra for forwarding postage). 

-Tim 

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2007, 10:39:27 »
Hi I'm interested in doing this.  Is it too late?  Shall I send you (Sylvia) my address via PM?

No, it's not too late. Happy that you want to get involved! :D

And yes, please send me your address. :)

And, do I mail to you, or directly to the recepient?  (If you're the distributor, I'll include extra for forwarding postage). 

At the beginning, I was suggesting we have a completely anonymous swap with no-one knowing who would receive their gift. This idea has since been changed because many members voiced a preference for knowing the identity of their recipient, in order to make the custom more personal. This now means having a central distributor would be a waste of time and money. It makes much more sense for people to post their items directly. (I shall have to go back and edit that first post I made because I think it's causing too much confusion.)

Could everyone else who has put their name forward in this topic please send me their postal address by PM or e-mail so I can pass it on to whoever is eventually selected to be their partner for this event.

Thanks! :)

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2007, 13:46:57 »
I would like to, but Its hard for me to do something simple. Generally, my customs take quite a bit of time and its hard to know when Ill get parts and materials for the projects. I dont think Ill be able to whip something out by November. Sorry. Its sounds like a fun Idea.

That's a very good point. I hadn't considered that some people might need to order parts or accessories from the DS, and that alone can take a few weeks to organise. :-\

At this stage, I am thinking of making the recommended cut-off date for posting out gifts somewhere around the last week of November/first week of December, in order to give everyone sufficient time to work on their figures.

If anyone is still unsure as to whether they want to be a part of this, please try and make you decision in the coming week so we can work out who each person will be mailing to as soon as possible.

I'm sorry if anyone is feeling under pressure or rushed by the sudden announcement of this event. I really should have started to organise something earlier. :-[