Author Topic: Holes in the Ground!  (Read 1663 times)

Offline Alison01326

• formerly known as "Bad Mum!"
  • Playmo Lover
Holes in the Ground!
« on: February 07, 2011, 19:27:52 »
I'm getting a bit carried away with my replacement parts order this time round and have decided to order some random bits of scenery as well.

Can anyone tell me how many sizes of holes there are in the ground pieces? As far as I can see there are just two

1. A large hole for items such as rocks and trees

2. A small hole for plants such as ferns and flower leaves

Is anyone able to confirm this, please?

I can't believe that my first parts order, a couple of years ago, had sixteen items on it, and this one runs to about nine pages  ???

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
Re: Holes in the Ground!
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 20:26:08 »
As far as I know, there are three sizes of holes. One is a very tiny hole, that holds  flower stalk or a reed/water lily type plant. The second is a bigger hole that holds ferns, bushes, rocks, and small trees. There is a third size, the biggest one, you don't see as often. It holds the large cacti from the old western sets, and also the acacia trees that come with the new safari sets, as well as the old style acacia trees.

Can anyone else confirm this? I can't actually get to any of my plants and baseplates at the moment to double check, but I am about 95% sure of this.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 20:33:00 »
Hi Bad Mum! I am not sure which part or landscape you are refering to...
 You can browse the pages of playmodb http://playmodb.org/playmodb.shtml to find out what you are looking for!!!

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2011, 07:31:37 »
Yes Bonnie is right on. The largest size hole fits the dovecote from the old farm sets also. There aren't that many ground pieces that have the larger hole.
There's one other type of hole set - the three for the mushrooms like in this ground piece
30 07 9700 - Ground with 3 holes for mushrooms and 1 for fern
This one is one of the more common ones - it has the small holes and the regular large hole like for the fern
30 08 7740 - Ground, raised, with 4 small holes, 1 large hole
At PlaymoDB any of the ones that say hole for tree have the largest size hole that is too big for ferns and other regular size plants
30 20 6712 - Ground with 1 hole for tree

Offline Alison01326

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 22:36:28 »
Thank you so much. That's really very helpful.

As a lot of our displays involve what my son has done, or what he hopes to do, we need the extra greenery to give the displays a bit more realism (camping, playing in the park, cycling in the woods, etc) and he says he needs sand and sea too, but that's a lot less random in shape so he'll have to make do with what we can rob from our existing sets.  Bless him, he's only 5 but he has been studying the collectors' catalogue since I was given it for Christmas and has virtually memorised the contents and is he is also aware that many of the component parts can be ordered from the Direct Spares department.

There's no hope for us now - I'm spending his inheritance  :lol:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2011, 23:40:49 »
Your son sounds like a very smart little boy!
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Alison01326

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2011, 00:46:20 »
Too smart, and he thinks far too much!! He does take his Playmobil very seriously indeed, though (his friends get lectures on how to play with it "properly").

At least he is getting practice writing his numbers. I suggested that he copy the set numbers of everything he wants - fortunately, he's smart enough to know that he isn't going to get all of it  :toot: