Author Topic: 4276 Roman Trireme -- Look, Mum, also a Renaissance Trireme!  (Read 12716 times)

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
Re: Roman Trireme -- Look, Mum, also a Renaissance Trireme!
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2007, 20:01:00 »
You don't have to worry about ruining the stickers, i have a thirty year old pirate ship and it has been under water for more than half its life ;), they still stick perfectly!!!!

Yup, I can confirm that PM's sticker are quite sticky. When I got used PM parts on eBay I typically put them into my washing machine for a normal 30°C washing round -- even when stickers are on the items and pieces. Never lost one during such procedure.

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2007, 12:02:21 »

Yup, I can confirm that PM's sticker are quite sticky. When I got used PM parts on eBay I typically put them into my washing machine for a normal 30°C washing round -- even when stickers are on the items and pieces. Never lost one during such procedure.

That's a pretty good testimonial for Playmobil's stickers, Jochen!

I always love your wonderful graphics! It's almost as if your Playmobil world is really alive.

Jochen, I have often thought that you and Sylvia should collaborate on writing children's stories illustrated with Playmobil.

All the best,
Richard

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2007, 06:03:59 »
I always love your wonderful graphics! It's almost as if your Playmobil world is really alive.

Thank you for the praise. Indeed I'm actually strive to make the sceneries looking as much as possible like real live, but not losing the abstract and iconic style of Playmobil.

Jochen, I have often thought that you and Sylvia should collaborate on writing children's stories illustrated with Playmobil.

Yes, I also had seriously ideas in that direction, not directly doing such a project together with Slyvia, although this would really be a pleasure and it's a fantastic idea -- who can wish a better partner for this.
I assume the outcome then would be also something that must not be hidden in the basement, maybe some publishing house would like to pay to print it  :D :lol: ...

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2007, 12:22:25 »

Hello, Jochen ...

... something that must not be hidden in the basement, maybe some publishing house would like to pay to print it  :D :lol: ...

There have been several children's books already printed. However, none of them are fantastic. I really do believe that you and Sylvia could write and illustrate some really fantastic children's books!

Perhaps if the two of you could get one (or two) out on the web, we might be able to interest a publisher (or maybe even Zirndorf). Just a thought ... :)

All the best,
Richard

Offline Timotheos

• Visitor
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2007, 13:41:40 »
Perhaps if the two of you could get one (or two) out on the web, we might be able to interest a publisher (or maybe even Zirndorf). Just a thought ... :)

This could be really interesting--especially using the Playmobil as the modeling tool / animation tool (without explicitly marketing the book as Playmobil merchandising).  You know, like a "Powered by Playmobil" footnote in the credits, but not overtly calling the book "Playmobil (TM) Adventures: Sally's Trip to the Zoo").

Most parents probably don't care about whether books double as advertisements for a product line.  Though I have avoided buying Playmobil 1-2-3 for my child because I feel like I'm feeding her propaganda / trying to brainwash her to like Playmobil products.

I guess, though, calling a book "Playmobil (TM) Adventures" would make the book easier to market among playmobil users, especially if the majority of parents aren't troubled by (the perception of) advertising.

But, for high-quality stories, you might get broader respect (outside the Playmobil community, who would surely be attracted to the scenes) if the books use Playmobil for scenes, but don't use the word Playmobil on the cover.

I don't really know though.
-Tim
 ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Offline BlackPearl2006

• Playmo Addict
  • Greetings from USA :) Pirates, Ahoy!
Re: 4276 Roman Trireme -- Look, Mum, also a Renaissance Trireme!
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2010, 11:44:35 »
Not sure why but I was always under the impression that the oars were motorized.....

IS there a playmo ship with motorized galley-type oars?  Or am I just imagining things?
Ahoy, Pirates, Hoist the Colours!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2010, 12:09:45 »
Not sure why but I was always under the impression that the oars were motorized.....

IS there a playmo ship with motorized galley-type oars?  Or am I just imagining things?

The oars are not motorised. They  can just be moved up and down by hand. But the ship itself can accept the moter for sailing in water!

Offline Andy R

• DPAAAGG.
  • x
  • Playmo Addict
  • I come here for peace and quiet.
    • http://www.survival101.wetpaint.com
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2010, 16:38:03 »
It’s not a trireme, it’s a galley.
And yes, the damned thing capsizes at the drop of a hat. Even empty boat mine keeps flipping over.
If I’m jealous, you did SOMETHING right. Keep it up. :D
I Support Operation Anime Storm..

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2010, 21:31:16 »

... the damned thing capsizes at the drop of a hat. Even empty boat mine keeps flipping over.

Adjust your ballast, Andy! Even with a good breeze, my galley barely heels. She is a steady sailing vessel when properly trimmed and weighted.

see attachment

Offline Andy R

• DPAAAGG.
  • x
  • Playmo Addict
  • I come here for peace and quiet.
    • http://www.survival101.wetpaint.com
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2010, 06:33:36 »
¿What ballast? I didn’t find any in the box… ???
If I’m jealous, you did SOMETHING right. Keep it up. :D
I Support Operation Anime Storm..