Author Topic: Set 4175  (Read 3439 times)

Offline VicKlicktor

• Playmo Fanatic
  • Klick Kong
Set 4175
« on: February 17, 2012, 00:29:44 »

I want to use the idea in this thread: http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=10402.0 to get help from all of you.

First of all, Klick Kong ask you to find the difference in the two sets 4175 below (everybody can participate but Tim because he knows the answer) and then tell me please which set is rarer, or less common. The difference is present in both front and rear of the boxes -also pieces inside.

Top: A non export set that I bought in Amsterdam or Frankfurt duty free shop during a connection maybe 4 years ago.
Bottom: An export set that I bought in Mexico City last year.

Offline PlaymoMan

• Playmo Master
Re: Set 4175
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 00:32:35 »
First of all, Klick Kong ask you to find the difference in the two sets 4175 below (everybody can participate but Tim because he knows the answer) and then tell me please which set is rarer, or less common. The difference is present in both front and rear of the boxes -also pieces inside.

I'm guessing the set from the first pic, because of the dino's claws. :hmm:
Life's essentials: food, water, shelter and at least one klicky.

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 02:40:05 »
Yeah, the difference I see is the yellow claws on the dino! Interesting! Hm.... I don't know which one would be rarer, though. I'm guessing the first one.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 13:47:40 »
Does the dino inside the box indicating yellow claws,does indeed have yellow claws?  ??? I have four such sets, and all have the yellow claws on the box-art, but none of the dinos in those sets have actual yellow claws  :hmm:

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 15:08:53 »
I agree that the misprinted one would be rarer since the actual dino isn't what the box represents.
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2012, 19:07:13 »
I have four such sets, and all have the yellow claws on the box-art, but none of the dinos in those sets have actual yellow claws  :hmm:

And yet the only set this dino has come in that I have is the 4175
and mine has yellow.

OH wait - but mine is a non-export set. I got all my dinos at one time, sent from Germany when they first came out. So is the difference export vs non-export or is it a time thing and the earliest ones have yellow and the later ones don't?
Do your boxes have a printing date on them Vic?

I don't have the one with the green claws so if someone has an extra I would be interested in arranging a trade, thanks.

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2012, 20:11:49 »
I'd gues the one with the painted nails is a female dino and the other might be male.  ;)

Offline conniefrere

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2012, 20:17:18 »
Well have I ever. This is a funny thing, never thought that there would be differences in same sets.
:playmo: :egypt: :roman: :builder: :playmo:

Offline VicKlicktor

• Playmo Fanatic
  • Klick Kong
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2012, 23:14:51 »

OK, we know for sure the rarer set is the one with yellow claws but the situation looks more complex that I thought.

Does the dino inside the box indicating yellow claws,does indeed have yellow claws?  ??? I have four such sets, and all have the yellow claws on the box-art, but none of the dinos in those sets have actual yellow claws  :hmm:

Well, I don’t know, my set is MIB and now I will keep it that way. I must have bought it between 2006 and 2007 in Frankfurt or Amsterdam, I don’t remember. We know the figure with yellow claws exists and was included in the early sets (Only in Non Export markets as Tim wondered?). In Tim’s Animobil is written the deinonychus was introduced in 2006 -for sure with yellow claws. So, when did the green claws become the standard? 4175-5014-5019

And yet the only set this dino has come in that I have is the 4175
and mine has yellow.

OH wait - but mine is a non-export set. I got all my dinos at one time, sent from Germany when they first came out. So is the difference export vs non-export or is it a time thing and the earliest ones have yellow and the later ones don't?
Do your boxes have a printing date on them Vic?

I don't have the one with the green claws so if someone has an extra I would be interested in arranging a trade, thanks.

We can try to figure out. Wolf, do you remember where and when did you buy your boxes? Tim, what about yours?
As for mine, there is a printing date in the standard box:
18310 55 15:46
IB 80911 S
I guess the date appears in first line 18 March 2010 (May I be right?)
The older one has a label where the date is supposed to be printed. I will try to take it very carefully with an iron and see the results...

I agree that the misprinted one would be rarer since the actual dino isn't what the box represents.

So, it seems to me there are three variants:
1- Images on box with yellow claws and the figure inside as well.
2- A mismatch. Images on box with yellow claws but the figure with green claws (No way to know if the set is MIB and if you are not sure about date) but in any case the box is a rarity.
3- Both image on box and figure have green claws, which is the standard.

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2012, 04:20:19 »
This is quite interesting! :munch:
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.