Author Topic: Red Troll alert! (5670)  (Read 10020 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: Red Troll alert! (5670)
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2016, 10:19:39 »
And the colour is so very appropriate, tonight.

;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
    • PlaymoDB ... the UNOFFICIAL online database for Playmobil® toys
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2016, 11:02:57 »
Excellent, thanks for the confirmation, StJohn! When you open him, could I have a photo for the DB? I'll add it to 5670 now. I wouldn't be surprised if the rest of the set is reused parts.
PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2016, 12:01:45 »
Thank you for hunting the parts numbers sbblabotw  :wow:

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2016, 16:46:30 »
Excellent, thanks for the confirmation, StJohn! When you open him, could I have a photo for the DB?

Well, I've already sent them on their way to their final destination without properly unwrapping them! So sorry, sbblabotw. But I trust that some other member might be able to supply a picture in due course.

The word at Klickywelt is that Geobra has meanwhile stopped supplying red trolls through DS, at least in Germany. Some people got lucky, though.

Best wishes
StJohn

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
    • PlaymoDB ... the UNOFFICIAL online database for Playmobil® toys
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2016, 13:35:50 »
Well, I've already sent them on their way to their final destination without properly unwrapping them! So sorry, sbblabotw. But I trust that some other member might be able to supply a picture in due course.

The word at Klickywelt is that Geobra has meanwhile stopped supplying red trolls through DS, at least in Germany. Some people got lucky, though.

Best wishes
StJohn
Of course, that's what you should have done. (Unless you were keeping one.) I've cropped the box-photo in the meantime, better than nothing. Anyone else have to photograph for me?
PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2019, 20:16:29 »
Just resurrecting this old thread from the dead to share my bewilderment about the Geobra design department in their finishing touches to the 5670 Castle Gate with Troll:

I finally unpacked one and was dumbfounded to find out that the rock formations on either side of the castle facade (where they should go according to the building instruction) are not connected. I mean: they do not hold on to the wall – you have to position them against it! :doh: I know that the box art does indicate so, but was still struck by this sloppy design. The same part (30 20 7323 - Rock formation, small, fits around corner of building) does connect nicely to the 5480 Secret Dragon Fort, and similar rocks are fixed tightly to the facade of the 6697 Take Along Black Baron's Castle. What I mean to say is: these rocks and these walls aren't meant to be together, yet ended up in the same set.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 01:04:27 by StJohn »

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2019, 21:39:52 »
And the barbecue troll is now available on iberia! :o

(a few years later)