Author Topic: Japanese theme.  (Read 1890 times)

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
Japanese theme.
« on: November 30, 2011, 10:03:55 »
Considering we already saw the occasional ninja and now a Samurai, it's safe to say playmobil already toyed with the idea of a Japanese theme..
I'd love for them to really go through with this and do it right, Lego has done some of this but did it very poorly if you ask me.. the buildings looked terrible and pretty much all characters where samurai and ninja.

Playmobil could release a nice mix of civilian and millitairy sets in a theme that would appeal to both boys and girls. (of all ages.  ;) )

Firstly, a lot of new items would need to be created for the theme.
I'd say steck could work for it, either way they could make the supposedly paper screens of semi transparent plastic to make it appear like a paper screen.
The typical roofs would need to be included too, the straw hats would need to be made, shorter katana's, Yari spears, Naginata's, a Geisha haircut, and a cloth waistbelt that can hold a katana at the side, a bit higher than a pirate belt would.
The samurai armor would also need to be upgraded, I dont think the version in the special is that great. Something a bit lighter with a better shaped Kabuto helmet could work.

Now on to the suggested sets.

-Tea house.
A nice little building that could be open on the front and have a little lake with a wooden bridge to put in front of the tea house.
Inside the tea house there could be enough room for a low square table and four cushions , so that four clickies can be seated inside.
There are also little cups, a teapot and a tea cabinet in the house.
Outside there are several shrubs and trees and various animals, making for a very peacefull looking set.
Included clickies: Geisha, female visitor, Samurai in kimono (with short katana in his belt) and a child.

-Fishermen.
A small set consisting out of a small bamboo raft with one oar, two buckets and two sticks to catch the fish with (also seen on the current castaway island in the pirate theme)
Included clickies: one male and one female fishermen wearing straw hats and being bare foot.

-Rice paddy.
A medium farming set including a rice paddy and farm equipment, but also a small cart with an ox in front of it.
Included clickies: Farmer and his son.

-Ninja's.
Inevitable of course, there is a set with three ninja's and their equipment.
Which means a training dummy and a weapon rack, along with a small chest. Weaponry includes: Nun-Chucks, throwing stars, short katana's, daggers and a bow with a quiver and arrows.
Included clickies: two male and one female ninja.

-Samurai and Ronin.
A small package in one of those plastic packages commonly used.
Included clickies: Samurai with short katana and Naginata, Ronin with Standard Katana.

-Guarded bridge.
A wooden round bridge with nothing underneath (could be placed over two tables or actual water!) and a small tower with two floors.
On the ground floor one side of the tower is open and has a table with various foods.
There is also a small weapon rack. Also comes with a horse.
Included clickies: One Ashigaru archer, one Ashigaru spearman, one Samurai and a somewhat shady looking civilian traveler that may be a bandit.

-Castle.
The largest set of them all, this castle would be a true beauty. Square with large stairs on one side going up, the first floor being of stone. Inside the stonework that would otherwise be wasted space, there could be a basement that can be accesed since the back of the entire castle could be open. Here there could be a place for the soldiers to train and sleep, the barracks.
Above this could be two floors which both have multible little rooms including a shrine, a bedroom and a dining room with a low table and a tea set.
Around the upper floor there could be a wooden walkway, and the roof could have an entry as well through a small window, allowing ninja's to slip inside.
Included clickies: Shogun in rather extravagant Samurai armor, two Samurai, three Ashigaru soldiers, Shogun's wife in extravagant kimono, servant.

-Bandit hide out.
A medium house, somewhat larger than the tea house and with two rooms.
It has a low table and several sleeping ruggs, and also a hidden compartment under the floorboards where weapons and treasure can be put.
Included clickies: One ronin dressed in an incomplete samurai armor and two bandits.

-Buddha statue.
A Buddha statue on a small rock formation with various plants and trees around it and various animals.
Included clickies: old Monk, Samurai in kimono with daughter.

-Park.
A small set with a bench, small bridge over a pond and various lanterns and plants.
Included clickies: Woman in kimono, baby (first asian baby  :) ) and a boy.

Offline rms008

• Playmo Addict
Re: Japanese theme.
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 10:23:52 »
well iv been smelling it for the last days . before they used to do a figure ever now and then bu now in a second hey exploded  with loads of figures from different sides , example the zoo , the specials, the new collectabil specials 1 , 2 and also in 3 and for next year in the olimics theme there seems to be something to. i bet maybe they are testing it out to see how well it goes with public.
but as i said im smelling something asian
ryan :blackhair:

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2011, 13:06:32 »
looks like Geobra would be playing into our hands ;D
...as for kids, I seem to see that Geobra has to launch toys that move or have sound, lights or maybe even incorporate simple computer chips to attract the attention of today's 'IT' kids ;)

of course hope and pray at least a couple of your foresight comes true :love: so I like to add to your bandit hideout's playability; ie more trap doors with waiting spikes or arrows, hidden revolving walls, plenty of sliding doors to allow a maze of escape route or surprises to counter attack their attackers...we might find ourselves playing with them :lol: 

Offline playmogal

• places for playmo women to go
  • Playmo Master
  • The bride and groom topper-my son's wedding cake
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2011, 14:13:16 »
Rhalius: Wonderful ideas! Thanks for listing them.
I would like to see a few garden sets based on those in Suzhou and some terra cotta warrior sets from X'ian. Will post some photos later, Pgal
After two decades of male toys (esp. Lego and PM) in our house, it is time to build something for us women!

Offline conniefrere

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2011, 18:56:51 »
Great ideas indeed Rhalius.  8-)

I would like to ad

Ninja training centre:

Could be a house, but I think just a baseplate would do too. Some rocks and secret hide out and some weapons swinging around you could dodge. Also a practice puppet. A lot of accessories like ninjastars, nunchaku's etc etc.

:wave:
:playmo: :egypt: :roman: :builder: :playmo:

Offline PlaymoMan

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2011, 20:46:12 »
Great ideas, Rhalius! :hatoff:
I'd also love to see perhaps a Samurai patrol.
- Six Samurai - one officer, mounted, and five normal Samurai. :)
Life's essentials: food, water, shelter and at least one klicky.

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2011, 09:29:26 »
Some good ideas there too yes. Maybe a combination of that bandit house with more traps with a ninja hide out could be a lot of fun. It seems to fit a ninja place better than a bandit hide out if it has all kind of secrets.  :)

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2012, 07:35:12 »
Although I don't need another theme and probably wouldn't buy it, if it was impressive enough, I might. :)
:egypt: :roman: :viking: :knight: :arrr: :indian: :cowboy: