General > Report & Review

Raccoon Family 9874

(1/4) > >>

Ismene:
I bought this set back in December while purchasing gifts.

It includes: two large trash pandas, two little trash pandas, two birds, a butterfly, a hide, various plant materials, and a puddle. This is a "Plus" item, so no box and very wrinkled instructions.

All in all, a fairly straight forward assembly. The puddle put up a tiny fight, and it's always difficult to put things on tree pegs without knocking over the entire tree. The hide does not attach to the base plate (it sits in an indent), so it doesn't help this process at all. The adults are the identical, but it's nice that the babies are in different positions.

Ismene:
I did some brief online research to see if raccoons would be appropriate for a Victorian setting, as they originate from North America. Short answer: no.

The earliest introduction into Europe that I found was the 1920's to 1930's when the Germans brought them in for the fur trade, which turned out to be a terrible idea because finding food is what trash pandas excel at. They are now considered invasive in many places.

Eplay:

--- Quote from: Ismene on February 21, 2022, 09:45:04 ---Short answer: no.

--- End quote ---

They look cute though. Especially together with that boy/fairy.  :love:

Rasputin:
Trash pandas   :lol:   I’ve dealt with them most of my life. Pound for pound the toughest creature I’ve ever fought

Ismene:

--- Quote from: Rasputin on February 22, 2022, 04:09:58 ---Trash pandas   :lol:   I’ve dealt with them most of my life. Pound for pound the toughest creature I’ve ever fought

--- End quote ---
I believe it. They're probably just muscle and fur.

--- Quote from: Eplay on February 21, 2022, 20:23:10 ---They look cute though. Especially together with that boy/fairy.  :love:

--- End quote ---
They are adorable, and the mushroom fairy is such a fun figure. It's too bad they didn't make him some toadstool friends.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version